My early Valentine

Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM

What a wonderful thing you did, and what a friendly and beautiful new companion! Makes me miss my special puppy whose living elsewhere for the moment down on the farm... (our landlord sprang on us the last minute we couldn't have her when we moved, so right now she lives with my father in law). Hopefully soon we can have her back!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 PM

There are so many wonderful dogs in need of homes right now. Thank you so much for giving this beautiful girl a second chance :-)
Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 PM

Aren't you lucky she chose you! She's beautiful.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cassews
I was very surprised when I came home from work to find a new member in our household. We had gone to look at her at a no kill humane shelter and I couldn't get her out of my mind.
So we sat down and had to do some figuring about when we could get the fence fixed and a few other things done from when my brother-in-law's dogs were here and destroyed the place while they lived with us (another story).
I just wasn't sure until I saw her there at the rescue I truly wanted another dog as mine had died 6 years earlier and I was heart broken over my baby poodle.
So hopefully I did this right and she will show up .. Her name is Brie so loving; she almost leaped into my arms when I came in the door. with a lovely Red VDay ribbon around her. I think She will become my avatar as soon as I make sure I can upload pics and such !LOL
What a "Love-ly" face. My dogs were from a no-kill shelter. I can't imagine being without a dog or two around. Tell Brie Gus & Heidi say woof.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:05 PM

What a beautiful girl. Her eyes are so soulful. Thank you for rescuing.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 PM

Our dogs (Australian Cattle dogs) are all rescues...they are very special, and you are too, for rescuing her. Wishing all of you much happiness together!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:23 PM

Could be some pitty.. My groomer said she is beagle for sure but without the testing we won't know so I think that is in the future. Love her eyes, at night they turn a dark brown .. and she stares intently at you !LOL
I want to thank everyone for their congratulations and all on adopting a rescue. I couldn't think of a better thing to do than to bring a furry baby rescue into our lives and my DH feels the same ! Again, thank you !
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
Our dogs (Australian Cattle dogs) are all rescues...they are very special, and you are too, for rescuing her. Wishing all of you much happiness together!
so precious are the cattle dogs, that was one of the ones I had thought of. A friend does the old english rescues and she has dogs that go canoeing/hiking, just the neatest dogs and could of been another. But when this one reached through the fence and tried to grab my hand, I knew I wanted her !LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 09:28 PM

What a beauty! I'm sure she will be as much a blessing to you as you are to her for giving her a home!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 PM

What a beautiful girl! I bet she brings you alot of joy. :thumbup: