Laundered Money

Old 02-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by np3
I don't iron them, but I keep denominations together and all Presidents heads are up!!!!
Same here! I go through hubbys wallet to straighten his bills. He says I do it just to see how much money he has!! Who me??? lol
Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
My house is no different than most - the person doing the laundry keeps whatever money is found in the money. I wonder though about another facet of laundered money, my friends think I'm odd, but I think my quilting friends might agree.

When I find bills in the laundry, I iron them. The ironing board is always set up, takes a second to turn the iron on, and I really dislike folded or crinkled bills in my bill fold (I'm also anal about keeping the denominations in order and all the presidents heads must be facing up).

Who among my quilting friends with hot irons at the ready iron crinkled money?
If I find bills in the laundry, I iron them ! Even if my bills have not gone through the laundry, and they are wrinkled, I iron them. And like you, I keep all of the same denominations together, and all of the heads facing up. The stores sure like it because they keep all their money facing the same way, and this saves them time turning the bills before they put them in the cash drawer............is this a good enough excuse for being anal about keeping the folding money in order ?

:)
Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 AM

Well- from reading the first page you are all luckier than me. How could I iron a penny or quarter?? That's all that I ever come up with in the laundry! I have to find other ways to get lucky!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by np3
I don't iron them, but I keep denominations together and all Presidents heads are up!!!!
I do that to. I think it comes from working in a bank while in college. just a habbit now.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM

I've had a good laugh reading all these comments. Now here's my story. My DH is involved with the on-line money tracking project "Where's George" which tracks where your money travels. It's a great hobby for a retired math teacher. But when he started using my good iron and ironing board to iron out the money to make it easier to mark, I quickly discover that money, even if it's washed in the laundry, still gives off dirt and dyes. So DH got a "gift" of my iron and ironing board and I bought myself another set- with a "forbidden, do not touch" sign on it!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
My daughter is that way not just with money, but everything: She alphabetizes the cereal, spices, etc. in her cupboards. Like she tells me: "I have CDO. It's just like OCD, but the letters are alphabetical as they SHOULD be!" LOLOL :roll: :roll:
too funny! Missing Ditter today but this one made up for it! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 AM

I was wondering about the dirt and the dye.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:28 AM
lgc

Originally Posted by erstan947
The only time I iron is when I need a nice crisp bill for a gift. It is really easy to keep my money right side up and in order. I usually only have 1 five in my purse.
I help my DH out he likes his all a certain way. I put them in serial number order just to bug him:)
This reply made me have to reply as well.

Money in my purse - right side up, in order and by serial number. (please don't judge me - :lol: )
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM

yeah i iron those bills too
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 AM

No ironing but because of working retail I do keep it straight, just got in the habit.
I have a friend that saved change etc at the end of the day/week. She separated her money into clean and dirty money. She still hasn't lived that down.