Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by BMP
ANY movement is a plus no matter what speed you do !!
I didnt do any speed stuff today but I can certainly feel it already which means I have moved muscles that havent been used in a few months.
I am going to keep a chart of my excerise,hoping to increase my duration each week. Today I got 30 min on the treadmill, 35 minutes on the bike and 15 on the eliptical. I'll continue these amounts this week and try to bump them up by 5 minutes each next week until I can do 45 minutes on each.
YAY Bonnie!!! You are doing great and I think that addition of 5 more minutes sounds like it might work for you! I walked up and down the stairs today and did some walking to the grocery store. It is still very hard for me to do that much walking but I am sure trying.

I am going to lift weights today and begin that routine daily. I hope that helps me too.

I am proud of you Bonnie!

Missy
Old 01-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I have oatmeal NOT INSTANT almost everyday for breakfast. I get it ready the night before so I have to microwave it in the morning and not think or worry about what I should eat. Today I had cranberry orange oatmeal. I replace 1/2 the water with OJ and added a 1/2 tbsp dried cranberries.
If you try and make things easier to eat that are healthy it takes the thought and worry out of it. I wake up in the morning and plan my meals and snacks for the day. Sometimes menus for a few days if I am making muffins etc. I NEED snacks if I don't eat something every 2 hours I get a headache and feel sick to my stomach. I spread my food out through the day. I don't have salad with dinner I have it as a snack after dinner. I LOVE a green salad with manderine oranges, dried cranberries and creamy raspberry dressing. It tasts like dessert.

Creamy Raspberry Dressing
1 c plain yogurt
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp raspberry jam
salt and pepper to taste
wisk all together. YUMMMMMM!!
YUMMY Tru!!!

Missy
Old 01-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Does shivering in the cold count as exercise? LMBO!!
Oh sure!! Why not!

Missy
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I know some of you don't browse the board so I thought I would show you how I curb my appetite. My quilting has taken place of snacking. I made 2 tube quilt tops yesterday and 1 in progress today.

I have to wait to sandwich them until after tax time so I can get batting for them so I am making as many tops as possible before then.

I am making these to sell at a charity event for Tymeless hearts, part of my profit will go to the organization. They help families that have babies that are born with heart defects. They are a non profit organization. I will be making 1 special quilt that will be auctioned in a silent auction.

Did this 1 in about 1 1/2 hours
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152726[/ATTACH]

this 1 took about 2 1/2 hours
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152727[/ATTACH]

This 1 is taking longer so it is still in progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152728[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152721.jpe   attachment-152722.jpe   attachment-152723.jpe  
Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I know some of you don't browse the board so I thought I would show you how I curb my appetite. My quilting has taken place of snacking. I made 2 tube quilt tops yesterday and 1 in progress today.

I have to wait to sandwich them until after tax time so I can get batting for them so I am making as many tops as possible before then.

I am making these to sell at a charity event for Tymeless hearts, part of my profit will go to the organization. They help families that have babies that are born with heart defects. They are a non profit organization. I will be making 1 special quilt that will be auctioned in a silent auction.
Those look great Carrie! Keep on going with what you are doing because it is working! Yay!

Missy
Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you Missy!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Carrie, I really like that last one. The colors are fantastic!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:06 PM
BMP

Missy great job with your walking !!
Tru that recipe sounds wonderful !!
Carrie I really like the brown turquoise !!!

I used to excerise everyday walking or riding my bike but when my Mother became ill and needed to be taken care of everyday that put all of that on hold. By the time I went to work came home went to take care of her and then home to make dinner I was wiped out so all the good I had built up went out the window.

I was actually excited to be at the gym today it was a good feeling to knwo I was doing something for me.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:21 PM

I want to give a cheer to those who moved a little extra today !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Carrie
That is a really great thing you are doing. I was born with heart defects and had to have several surgeries during my first year. Of course that was in the dark ages when things weren't so advanced as today. Please let me know if I can help you. PM me.

I was away for two days and when I get back I have to read twenty some pages! Wow its great that so many people are on the journey this month.

Lisa