Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am so pissed...........I was checking out the board and went to stir the cream of broccoli soup I am making for dinner. I came back and wrote how I did the last few days. I wrote recipes for the food I made today it was as long as a novel and after all of that I clicked send and it posted on the SQA thread by mistake. I was there not here. Now I don't feel like re writing all of it ggggggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Oh Tru! You are not the only one that has senior moments. Just click on edit and copy your post then come back here and paste it and post it on this thread. No biggie. No new typing needed.

Deep breath. In. Now out. Good job.

Missy
OK and like I know how to do that???????? I deleted it when I realized what I had done.

as for the pic about rice krispies mine tell me to make rice krispie treats.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am so pissed...........I was checking out the board and went to stir the cream of broccoli soup I am making for dinner. I came back and wrote how I did the last few days. I wrote recipes for the food I made today it was as long as a novel and after all of that I clicked send and it posted on the SQA thread by mistake. I was there not here. Now I don't feel like re writing all of it ggggggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Oh Tru! You are not the only one that has senior moments. Just click on edit and copy your post then come back here and paste it and post it on this thread. No biggie. No new typing needed.

Deep breath. In. Now out. Good job.

Missy
OK and like I know how to do that???????? I deleted it when I realized what I had done.

as for the pic about rice krispies mine tell me to make rice krispie treats.
I just told my mom that I was NOT the only one listening to my cereal. Sheesh. She just never listens. *shaking head*
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113812.jpe  
Old 09-08-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
So funny people are all gung ho when they sign up on this thread then within a week it is back to the same few people posting. So if it goes off course and people complain that we are not sticking to the diet subject then maybe they should post.

So Missy how are things with Mike and Russ? What did your mom say that you cleaned up the place?
I have been reading everyones posts. I have been trying to change my life style for a long time and have got very serious in the last few months.
I have lost 29 lbs. since May26 and my goal is 140 by Mar. I use the web site http://www.livestrong.com I find it very helpful you can track all your cal.,carbs,fat,sodium,fiber and protien. It can be helpful if you are diabetic, have heart problems or just want to see what you are eating. You put in your age, weight, height and how much you would like to loose in a week. It tells you how many cal. you should eat in a day. It also tells you how much of the other nutrients you should have.
As a vegetarian people always ask me how I get my protien. I always tell them theres protien in everything. This program really showed me this is true.I am always way over on my protien and fiber.
I think there is about three of us who use this site. A couple other people use similar sites. I find it so helpful!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I am a vintage nut, especially for the 1940's. Anyway, I was researching "UK war rationing" this past week and I found a book called The Ration Diet, or something like that. The authors basically use the foods that were allowed during the WWII weekly ration in the UK to make a diet menu. People claim they have lost weight using this diet (no kidding) and I'm really tempted to try it. What do you think? One year of eating like I was on rations. Could it be so bad?
I have a rationing cook book, very little flour, you render fat from geese, little sugar. Bland food. You'll lose weight.

:P
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 PM

I have been soooooooooo hungry the last couple of days. I just need to hang in there, it will go away. I even ate prezels (aghhhhhhh!) trying to stave off the hunger. Plus I'm really tired.

If I was hungry and losing I would feel better, but I have hit a plateau.

I haven't caved in, I keep telling myself tomorrow will be another day.

I wish it was Fri!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I have been soooooooooo hungry the last couple of days. I just need to hang in there, it will go away. I even ate prezels (aghhhhhhh!) trying to stave off the hunger. Plus I'm really tired.

If I was hungry and losing I would feel better, but I have hit a plateau.

I haven't caved in, I keep telling myself tomorrow will be another day.

I wish it was Fri!
Carol you are doing all the right things. Drink water...add something with fiber, particularly insoluble fiber like apple slices with the peel. That will leave your stomach slower and keep you full longer. Also, there is always oatmeal. Yumm yumm yumm.

Don't give in you are doing great!

Missy
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 PM

Thanks Missy, I can't eat anymore today, the prezels put me up in calories. I guess I'll drink water. Off on my bike ride. At least it's cooler today.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Hi all, had a so so day yesterday and today is better. Missy it's a good thing I din't have butter for those cupcakes or they would have been in the oven already. DH just went up to rent a movie and I am sure he will bring back something for dessert. I hope I can be a good person and resist it if it is full of sugar or calories. You all keep up the good fight. and will talk to ya all tomorrow.
Gail
Old 09-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi all, had a so so day yesterday and today is better. Missy it's a good thing I din't have butter for those cupcakes or they would have been in the oven already. DH just went up to rent a movie and I am sure he will bring back something for dessert. I hope I can be a good person and resist it if it is full of sugar or calories. You all keep up the good fight. and will talk to ya all tomorrow.
Gail
I hope he came home with something that would be a good choice for you.

I just ate two cherums. Those are hybrid fruit created from the plum tree and the cherry tree. YUMM-O!! A bit spendy but yummy. I LOVE summer and fall fruit.

My mom asked what I was going to do in the winter. I will just have to switch to canned for the winter then go back to eating fresh when the fruit is in season.

I just read tonight that the apple crop this year is expected to be GREAT. That means great apples at a great price. I think both of those things are yummy. :):):)

Tomorrow I am going back to the store to buy more of the cherums. If you can find them they are worth the money. Yeah. It is genitically engineered fruit but wow did those scientists do a good job!

Missy
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I am a vintage nut, especially for the 1940's. Anyway, I was researching "UK war rationing" this past week and I found a book called The Ration Diet, or something like that. The authors basically use the foods that were allowed during the WWII weekly ration in the UK to make a diet menu. People claim they have lost weight using this diet (no kidding) and I'm really tempted to try it. What do you think? One year of eating like I was on rations. Could it be so bad?
I have a rationing cook book, very little flour, you render fat from geese, little sugar. Bland food. You'll lose weight.

:P

Like we all have geese in our yard and more importantly who is going to kill this goose for us to render the fat?????