Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Unless I'm missing something here, I did not see a table for one of the old featherweight machines. You would need to have a removable section for their beds. Might work for the 222 freearms as that one does have a removable bed. If anyone checks them out and sees one, please let me know.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
I am so excited - I just got my birth year FW from Ebay. I've been looking and looking and finally decided to just bite the bullet and get one. Hopefully she will be in as pristine condition as the seller states.

That means I will soon be selling Libby, my 1956 FW. I've had her for a long time and she has been a good sewing buddy. Libby was my first FW.
They say good things come to those who wait. Well, I waited and finally received my birth year FW (1952) in today's mail. She (I think I will name her CeeCee) is in absolutely awesome condition. She is in such good condition, I am trying to see if she has been repainted. The bed does have some scratches but they are minimal. The manual's pages are yellowed so it looks vintage and the case as well as the machine have a somewhat musty odor. I do see that the plug that goes into the machine is rubber, so that means the foot controller has been rewired, but that is ok. All in all, CeeCee is stunning. And if she is in original condition, she was never used much. I am so excited to have her. She sure is in better condition than I am :D :D
Old 08-08-2011, 03:52 PM

I am so excited - I just got my birth year FW from Ebay. I've been looking and looking and finally decided to just bite the bullet and get one. Hopefully she will be in as pristine condition as the seller states.

That means I will soon be selling Libby, my 1956 FW. I've had her for a long time and she has been a good sewing buddy. Libby was my first FW.
They say good things come to those who wait. Well, I waited and finally received my birth year FW (1952) in today's mail. She (I think I will name her CeeCee) is in absolutely awesome condition. She is in such good condition, I am trying to see if she has been repainted. The bed does have some scratches but they are minimal. The manual's pages are yellowed so it looks vintage and the case as well as the machine have a somewhat musty odor. I do see that the plug that goes into the machine is rubber, so that means the foot controller has been rewired, but that is ok. All in all, CeeCee is stunning. And if she is in original condition, she was never used much. I am so excited to have her. She sure is in better condition than I am :D :D
Sew when we see pics of the new lady?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Here is CeeCee and her case. She is a good looking 59 year old little lady! These pictures are from the auction, and they really do not do her justice. The seller described her as "super nice". She is better than that. I will try and take better pictures.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238701.jpe   attachment-238702.jpe  
Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 PM

Here is CeeCee and her case. She is a good looking 59 year old little lady! These pictures are from the auction, and they really do not do her justice. The seller described her as "super nice". She is better than that. I will try and take better pictures.
I like her! :-D
Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 AM

She is beautiful!! I don't think I have ever seen one with the accessories in such good condition. I have had my featherweight only a month and really have enjoyed sewing on her. I finally got a machine cover made this weekend. Anne
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238903.jpe  
Old 08-09-2011, 05:58 AM

Love that cover!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by franc36
Love that cover!
Me too!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 AM

My FW is also names CECE after the sales lady at the thrift store where I bought her. and she is a 1951 also.
My next one is being mailed today. DH will be surprised when it just shows up. LOL
One of the latches is broken on the case, on the one I am getting, any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:54 AM

Annie, I love the cover you made for your FW.