Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 PM

I wanna join. I just got my featherweight today! Got it cleaned up and it runs like a champ. Haven't named it yet though. :lol:
Old 08-11-2011, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Scakes
I wanna join. I just got my featherweight today! Got it cleaned up and it runs like a champ. Haven't named it yet though. :lol:
We wanna see a picture of your new little beauty :D
Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 AM

I just looked at a receipt for my FW I actually pd $130, plus the $65 to put the tension back together after DH decided to "help", normally he's pretty mechanical, but that just got away from him. Well that and the $1000 for the VW tranny that we were waiting on to get fixed, but I'm not sure that it's fair to count that as part of her expense.

Aw, she still sew a great stitch and I love the story of of how she came to be ours.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
Yes - more pictures, please!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM

I actually posted a picture yesterday (My new toy) but I'll add 1 here too. :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239985.jpe  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 AM

I actually posted a picture yesterday (My new toy) but I'll add 1 here too. :lol:
Very nice. You will enjoy her. Ask me how I know! :-D
Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 AM

I have two featherweights, both in the 50's era. I would love to find one of my birth year (1948). I did bid on one on ebay, but the price got up too high. The one I was bidding on was with the scroll front plate, she was a beauty too.... Maybe sometime later....

Both with their cases....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240001[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239995.jpe   attachment-239997.jpe   attachment-239998.jpe  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:46 AM

They are so cute and so much fun to look at - thanks for posting all the pictures.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
I just looked at a receipt for my FW I actually pd $130, plus the $65 to put the tension back together after DH decided to "help", normally he's pretty mechanical, but that just got away from him. Well that and the $1000 for the VW tranny that we were waiting on to get fixed, but I'm not sure that it's fair to count that as part of her expense.

Aw, she still sew a great stitch and I love the story of of how she came to be ours.
And... you still paid less than many others.. like me. :)
Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 AM

Joy, yep, I'm happy with what I paid. At the time, Ebay hadn't brought so many of them out of hiding and into the air. I had seen 3 for sale in Va at $400 each and nothing special, not cleaned up or gone over or anything and then I think the others I saw were over $300. So I was thrilled to find her at that price, believe me :lol:

It's wasn't free by the roadside, but there aren't too many of those, just enough to wistfully make me keep an eye as we drive down the road.