Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:15 PM

I recently purchased two at estate auctions, one 1947 with the scrolled faceplate, attachments, case, key for case, and manual for $130. Then another 1948 with the case, attachments and manual for $50!

i am in St. John's NL Canada where there was a singer featherweight factory apparently everyone had a Singer!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:05 PM

I'm so happy for you!!! I love mine. Have you named either one of them yet? I had named one, and she let me know that the other name that I'd considered for her was the one she wanted.. They do talk to you, you know. Or at least mine do....
Old 06-03-2013, 04:48 AM

Hi everyone - I'm getting my 222K next week!!! But I can't wait, I'm already stalking here and checking out everyone else's machines. So exciting...

I didn't know anything about Featherweights a couple of months ago and have been delighted by everything I've learned. I'll be spending $300 (or maybe $275 if she agrees... hopefully).

Here is a pic from the original listing: consider this one the 'before' pic!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416908[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails %24t2ec16fhjhgffljgvrh3brgjdrmehq%7E%7E60_57.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 AM

Featherweight happy dance for you. That is a GREAT purchase price.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:17 AM

Cool My New-to-me Feather Weight

I have had my Feather Weight for just a few weeks. I finally have photo. Freddi is sitting with her sister Thelma. I love my addition to the family. She is a great machine. I got her bare bones-- no accessories, no case, but I was ok with that.
I can't date her for a certainty. She was sat in something caustic and the plate where her serial number would be is corroded. I can only say that she is before the 1951 Centennial badge.
Attached Thumbnails 0418130859thelmafreddi.jpg  

Last edited by BarbaraSue; 06-03-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM

I got mine on Wednesday of last week and I put together my brother's wedding quilt on her this last weekend. No name yet and I'm saving for a repaint so I doubt she'll be named before then. I bought her from a guy who was a singer mechanic and resells old machines. Cosmetically she needs a facelift but she spins like a dream.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Featherweight happy dance for you. That is a GREAT purchase price.
Thanks Caroline. Their values don't seem to be as high in Australia, but I still think it's a good price for sure ... looking forward to meeting her!!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear View Post
Do you have a Featherweight if so plese post here so you can all chit chat with each other. Have fun!

I am still looking for one! I sure hope I can find one this year.

Craftybear

I have a featherweight 221 I am fixing to sell. Lots of extra feet too. Drop me a line if you are interested. Anita in NC
nurse_ [email protected]
Old 06-15-2013, 03:24 PM

I became interested in Featherweights after my wife purchased one on line from a Feather weight dealer. She then ordered one for my birthday on eBay, as a surprise. Now, Featherweights are my favorite machine to clean up and repair. I have written a list of reminders for new featherweight owners and created a checklist for repairing and cleaning featherweights. Seven Featherweights is the most I have ever had at one time.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 PM

My DH surprised me with a Featherweight about 2 years ago - "to shut me up" - as he puts it. He said he was tired of me telling him to come and see all the Featherweights on here that people were buying and showing off. He got it through the local sewing machine/vacuum repair shop - we know the owner. The owner knew of a lady wanting to see her mother's machine - which I cannot imagine why she would want to sell it. It was threaded and when he brought it to me, I plugged it in and started sewing with it - very nice and worth the wait.