Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM

There is a featherweight listed on shopgoodwill.com that ends tonight. It doesn't have a case and they don't mention the age, but right now it is $85.99.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8358751

Mary
Old 08-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Okay here is a picture of my yet to be named little girl, I had to resend the photo as the first one loaded sideways!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240091.jpe  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Anne
She is beautiful!! I don't think I have ever seen one with the accessories in such good condition. I have had my featherweight only a month and really have enjoyed sewing on her. I finally got a machine cover made this weekend. Anne
That cover is adorable. Are you taking commisions for those yet? :)
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Justtrish, I love your new, unnamed little girl! I hope you'll enjoy her as much as I'm enjoying mine. I've had mine about 2 weeks and have already made a quilt top on her. Mine didn't come with anything but a bobbin, a presser foot, and the foot pedal; but she sews like a dream.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by franc36
Justtrish, I love your new, unnamed little girl! I hope you'll enjoy her as much as I'm enjoying mine. I've had mine about 2 weeks and have already made a quilt top on her. Mine didn't come with anything but a bobbin, a presser foot, and the foot pedal; but she sews like a dream.
The only thing I have done with my little girl is plug her in turn the light on and see if she would run... and she did. She was soooo quiet I was seriously impressed!!

I want to give her a nice bath and a proper oiling before I put her to work!!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 PM

Best wishes with the oiling. My machine did come well oiled so I didn't try oiling her until yesterday. I had so dreaded oiling. Actually, the oiling went great. Now I am no longer afraid I'll miss one of those spots that needs oiling. So get that girl oiled and start sewing. You'll love it! By the way, your little girl is absolutely beautiful! Wasn't it fun to see her light come on for the first time!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Are you like me, when my "Norma" came in, I unwrapped her and as soon as I picked her up and place her on the table, immediately I started wondering about the lady that owned her to begin with.

It would have been nice to see the clothes or quilts etc. that this lady made back in the day. I know she passed because the seller bought her at an estate auction, but I wonder what kind of lady was she. I visualize her as a sweet little lady that loved her grandchildren and probably had a neat little sewing area in the corner of her living room or bedroom, cooked 2 meals a day for her tired husband and maybe had a little garden in the back yard.

Anyway, I hope she can sense that her little featherweight is in a good home, cherished and treated with tender loving care.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by hpylady
Are you like me, when my "Norma" came in, I unwrapped her and as soon as I picked her up and place her on the table, immediately I started wondering about the lady that owned her to begin with.

It would have been nice to see the clothes or quilts etc. that this lady made back in the day. I know she passed because the seller bought her at an estate auction, but I wonder what kind of lady was she. I visualize her as a sweet little lady that loved her grandchildren and probably had a neat little sewing area in the corner of her living room or bedroom, cooked 2 meals a day for her tired husband and maybe had a little garden in the back yard.

Anyway, I hope she can sense that her little featherweight is in a good home, cherished and treated with tender loving care.
I had the same thoughts! I don't know how many people owned my featherweight before me; but I am sure that none of the previous owners could love "Quiltie" any more than I love her.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Here are two photos of my new Featherweight. It's a one owner and I was able to get a little bit of history from the owner's son. I'll take better photos in a few weeks (we are trying to get ready for new paint and carpeting on Monday!). I did test her out and she runs really well. I think I'm going to need special glasses for threading the needle; I haven't had to do that for a while.

Just noticed these photos are terrible - have to work on that!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240672.jpe   attachment-240673.jpe  
Old 08-12-2011, 01:07 PM

Threading the needle isn't hard because you thread it from right to left. For some reason that isn't as hard as from front to back. By the way, Congratulations and welcome to the FW club.