Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Good job missy!Things are certainly looking up for you.I'm happy for you,and Kathy.How is your weight coming?What do you weigh now?Please tell Kathy hi for us.I know you'll do a great job on that quilt.Esp if you do it the easy no fail way from Sharon Schambers.She's my mentor for sure.I quilted long before I even got a computer which was just 3 yrs ago for the 1sr time ever being on one even.I can't do any fancy stuff but brows only.I spent the 1st 2 yrs on ebay.The last yr has been on you-tube and now here.When I found you-tube,I was excited as I never saw it before or even knew what it was.(I'm a late bloomer)Now I'm hooked!And with this site,I'm in hog heaven!I finely have some one to talk to.Plus love making quilts!And losing weight is the icing on the cake.30 long hanging on pounds to go!Hope to do as well as you have.You've come a long way.Congrats on your accomplishments.Your a winner already in my books!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Oh,nancia,where art thou?Hope everything is ok.Not like you to be absent.We need your enthusiasm and zeel and wit.I MISS YOU!I need you.I'm finely dropping down the scales.Thank goodness.Was 167 last night, And 165 this afternoon!Yeah!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Oh,nancia,where art thou?Hope everything is ok.Not like you to be absent.We need your enthusiasm and zeel and wit.I MISS YOU!I need you.I'm finely dropping down the scales.Thank goodness.Was 167 last night, And 165 this afternoon!Yeah!
Congrats on your "fall" :-D
Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 PM

All your advice is working!!! I am finally losing!! Thank you all soooooooo much!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 PM

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm sticking to the program for eating well, mostly because there is nothing junky to eat in the house. Not having anything bad to eat handy, and good stuff to eat instead has helped me a lot. I haven't weighed myself in a few days, so I should probably do that and see where I am at. Keep up the good work ladies!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:25 AM

I am glad everyone is doing so well keep up the good work!

creatfourpaws I am so happy for you. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Missy that is wonderful news! As for the half square triangles go to www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com she has a triangle setting calculator you can print out. I tells you what to cut for any desired finished square. I keep it in a notebook for reference. I hope this helps. :)
Well it is 2:17 a.m. here I am waiting for my daughter to get home from dancing. I woke up at 1:37 very worried because she wasn't home and I hadn't heard from her. Just then she texted that she was sorry she was late and that she was on her way and that she had so much to tell me :)
Ugh! teenagers! or should I say 20 year olds! She was supposed to leave by 1:00 at the latest, because it is a 50 minute drive home and she has school in the morning. She loves to dance but I worry about her being in the bars(18 and over night)and the long drive home. Out of all of her friends she is the only one who lives this direction so she is driving late at night alone. I know I know I am an old worry wart. Sorry to whine lol .....and the kids wonder why I am tired and old! ha ha
Old 10-13-2011, 03:20 AM
mim

Congratulations, Missy -- what wonderful news. Keep up the great work. -- Mim
Old 10-13-2011, 03:28 AM
mim

Well, I really blew it yesterday :-( big time. My brother was in Maine so he came over to help me put the 2X4s on the walls to hold the ends of the boards on the wood ceiling. The upper side of the boards is the loft floor so I can store unused things.

I shared a 16" pizza that was in the freezer. I had meant to send it with him when he left. And to make it even worse, as I was cleaning out the cupboards to give him canned foods, etc, I found a can of O&C FF onions. Now they are like finding a diamond mine!!!

I did manage to restrain myself and only had half the can last night. What stopped me was this thread -- someone said that you really taste the first 3 bites.

I have to laugh at my reasoning last nite -- I didn't want to waste those lovelys by not really tasting them. So I still have half that can on my counter.

Mim

I will do better today -- there isn't that much left to eat -- nevermind to munch on :-)
Old 10-13-2011, 04:54 AM

Good morning everyone. Lots of good news on the board today.

Cindy, I'm so happy that they got all the cancer. I'm sure recovery will take some time but hang in there it will come. My prayers are with you.

Missy, I don't know what to say. Congratulations. That is such a huge accomplishment to graduate from Impact to Care. Some people never get the chance to do that. You have work so hard to improve yourself in so many areas of your life all at the same time I am just so proud of you. Say hi to Cathie - My prayers are for both of you.

I've been some what frustrated with my weight and somewhat ashamed. I know I told everyone that in the early 80's I had stomach stapling surgery. It went well and I lost in excess of 100 lbs. I got down to 102 and my doctor told me that was to low and work at getting back to about 120. I did that and stayed there for several years but then went throu several stressful events in my life and ate myself back up to 233. In 2006 I was diagnosed with diabetis and decided to get serious following a diabetic diet as my dad had died of diabetis. I followed the diet and loss 130 lbs which brought me back to 103. I was happy. The doctor I see now has not said that's to low although I do look like a skeleton. But now my weight has crawled back up to around 120. So my question Do I just try to maintain at 120 or do I try to loose to get back around 103. I can't talk to my weight loss doc because he has passed away and primary care physician is happy with me at either weight. Please give advise. I scared to death that my weight will crawl up to 233 again.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 AM

Many congratulations for that. It’s an amazing achievement that you have achieved, Its really inspiring.