Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your stash is part of your estate! >

Your stash is part of your estate!

Your stash is part of your estate!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:13 PM

I think I better get to writing to make sure each girl and GK knows what they are getting and what to do with the rest. I don't want them saddled with the mess I had with my mother's things. They wouldn't all fit in the truck and didn't sell at the auction, so went in the big trash dumpster we rented. It hurts so much when I think about it. I don't want my kids to go through that!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:50 PM

Thought the "will forum" was cool. I have three daughters and one son. The girls were taught to sew, however, only the youngest daughter took an interest. After I am gone, she will get everything. My daughterinlaw is a sweetheart and I think the world of her, unfortunately, she does not sew.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM

Granddaughter knows its all hers but, not to put my quilts in a tag sale! She told me, I have everyone you made for me and the rest she would keep or give to family members.
I'm OK with that.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:08 PM

What a clever idea! The aprons look so nice hanging on the line, so colorful. What a nice
Old 03-28-2011, 03:12 PM

What a clever idea! The aprons look so nice hanging on the line, so colorful. What a nice welcome when you do your laundry.

Sorry for the repeat. I did not get a chance to complete the post and something happened.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Sadly NOW is the time to consider what you leave behind...at our guild meeting Monday night we were saddened to learn that a member had just passed. I was stunned, she was the only other person in that guild close to my age..I am 49...she was 55! A sudden heart attack in her sleep, with NO prior heart issue history....just gone...like that...gone...her family has NO idea what to do with her things! So sad....
I am so sorry to hear this, it is so sad to loose a friend. ((((HUGS))))
Old 03-28-2011, 04:22 PM

When my mom died it was pretty much known since I was the only one in the family who sewed mom's sewing room was mine. It was funny though has she had taken a copy of the Quilter's Will and filled it out. I even got the quilt hanging on the wall. I was very happy!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 PM

verbally....i have told certain people what they can have or already have given to them so that i won't have to worry so much now of what goes to who....But i should write up a will, u know shoulda, coulda, woulda ain't going to make itself write on a peice of paper! LOL..my quilts/sew machine/farm land/jewerly and the family receipe's is about all i care about who gets them..everything else is up for grabs!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 PM

this is a very good point... I just came from a house of a woman, who i didn't know who's house is being clean after her death and most of her sewing stuff nine big bags ended out on the curb... she was not a quilter but, made wedding dresses, I was able to save a button collection I could never have. Glass buttons, pearl buttons, and button I have never seen before from the 50's, 60's,70's and on until now...silks, organza, and believe it or not quilting cottons.. A 1950's traveling iron that get so hot I can make a grill cheese... I love these I have 3 three it's the only iron I use....this one was free, the other I got on ebay for 15.00 or so...fixing my will in the morning...
Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 PM

this is a very good point... I just came from a house of a woman, who i didn't know who's house is being clean after her death and most of her sewing stuff nine big bags ended out on the curb... she was not a quilter but, made wedding dresses, I was able to save a button collection I could never have. Glass buttons, pearl buttons, and button I have never seen before from the 50's, 60's,70's and on until now...silks, organza, and believe it or not quilting cottons.. A 1950's traveling iron that get so hot I can make a grill cheese... I love these I have 3 three it's the only iron I use....this one was free, the other I got on ebay for 15.00 or so...fixing my will in the morning...