Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you keep track of your quilts? >

How many of you keep track of your quilts?

How many of you keep track of your quilts?

Old 07-01-2011, 05:00 AM

I am the one in our quilt club who is always reminding everyone to put a label on each quilt they make. I have labeled and taken pictures of all my quilts and kept track also on what is now getting to be ratty looking notebook paper. I always put the number of the quilt on each label. I just finished quilts for our brand twin great-greats!! A boy and a girl. They were numbered 131 and 132. I will never live long enough to make all the quilts I have plans for!! I have recently started making a page of picture and details of each quilt and putting them in protective plastic sleeves in a notebook. It is SO EASY to forget quilts from the past.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 AM

I goofed and sure sorry I didn't keep records.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:05 AM

I have a scrapbook with year, picture and write up of each quilt I have made. I haven't done as well lately. Making too many quilts I guess.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:06 AM

I take pictures and also ask the mom to take a picture with the baby laying on the quilt.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:32 AM

I started a quilting scrapbook a few years ago after being challenged by a professional. I had pictures in a notebook so I transferred them to a pretty scrapbook. I make a copy of the label to put with the picture so the date and recipient are noted. I'm starting on my second book, but right now I'm a little behind getting the pix in.:)
Old 07-01-2011, 05:44 AM

'Making an extra block with each quilt you make, then making a quilt form all the extra blocks is an interesting concept'.

I make quilt journals with pictures/details of most, if not all, of the quilts I have made. However, I really like the 'extra quilt block' idea. I'm gonna try to do that in the future, it would be a story all by itself.

Over time I've become a better quilter with all I've learned, a lot of it from this Board. Not sure I would have wanted some of the earlier blocks I made included with blocks I make now, but I suspect that would have told a story as well, and show evidence of improvement/progress through the years...the more I think about this concept, the better I like it! Thanks for sharing...
Old 07-01-2011, 05:45 AM

I am just starting to do this. Wish I did have pictures of all the quilts I have made and who they went to. I am Sorry that I did not do this from the beginning!
Originally Posted by peacequiltingnana
When I first started quilting I was told to somehow keep a journal or catalog of all my quilts. I didn't pay too much attention but now wish I had done a better job of taking photos and documenting the quilt. I'm curious how many of you keep track of your quilts. For instance, how many you've made, who they went to, the pattern, etc. How do you do it, journaling, digitally, scrapbooking? Clever ideas you want to share?!?
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 07-01-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
I track photos on my computer - not much else
I kept pics on my computer too until it crashed and lost them all. I did have a backup of some of them but not all.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:52 AM

in my 20's i was taking pictures and kept them in a little album, but i stopped making anything for about 20 yrs then just this last year got my mojo back and decided to take up the hobby again. I like being able to have the pictures on the computer now. I wish i had kept better track of the years I made the earlier ones and i will make sure to do so now.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by peacequiltingnana
When I first started quilting I was told to somehow keep a journal or catalog of all my quilts. I didn't pay too much attention but now wish I had done a better job of taking photos and documenting the quilt. I'm curious how many of you keep track of your quilts. For instance, how many you've made, who they went to, the pattern, etc. How do you do it, journaling, digitally, scrapbooking? Clever ideas you want to share?!?
I DID NOT EITHER BUT LORDS KNOWS I SURE WISHED I HAD OF AND ALSO CROCHETED AFGHANS I HAVE MADE FOR GIFTS AND GAVE THEM AWAY I HAVE BEEN MAKING AFGHANS FOR ABOUT 25 YRS NOW AND YES I AM MIDDLE AGED 48.