Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If only they would have stood... >

If only they would have stood...

If only they would have stood...

Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 AM

So sorry about your daughter and I would have stood with you. I still stop and put my hand over my heart when I see a flag being raised or lowered and yes, I stand there alone. People look at me like I am crazy but it was the way I was taught and I am so very proud to be an American!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 AM

I'm sorry that happened.I honor your daughter & all veterans.We are free because of them.We attended a program recently where it looked like mostly veterans like my husband bothered to say the Pledge of Allegiance or stood to salute.
Sad situation.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:56 AM

So sorry for the loss of your daughter, and thank you for the service she gave to our country. I have two disabled vets, my sons. They came back broken but thankfully I have them back. My heart aches for your loss and the fact that so many don't realize what these young people have done so they can sit on their ###es while our anthem is played. Here they do one better, they sing the Mexican anthem while our anthem is being played. I just sing out at the top of my lungs and glare at them. They laugh at me.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 AM

I apologize for their rudeness and unconcern to our country and those who gave their lives for America. When I was young, they always did the pledge of allegiance and national anthem before
a movie. But hollywood is anti-American now, they mostly worship chavez in S.America.

Thank for your service to our beloved country. I am so sorry that it resulted in a loss for you and for our country. Wish we had more people like you and your daughter! Prayers for you and America.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by GreatStarter
I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful daughter. And I am ashamed that you two were the only ones to stand. I want you to know that if I had been in that theatre I would have stood also.

Kat
I agree completely!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:05 AM

I stand with my hand over my heart and tears streaming down my face! I greatly appreciate you, your DH and your daughter. God bless you and please know I will always stand with you out of love, respect and gratitiude for our country and those wonderful, brave and generous individuals who protect us all, even with their lives!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:05 AM

HOW VERY,VERY, RUDE!!!!! If these people do not like or respect our country and the many military people who have lost ther lives to protect us, let them move to another foreign country!!!! Sorry, but, my brother was wounded in the Korean War and my husband served in the Korean War also!!!!! I get so upset when this happens!! So sorry for the loss of your daughter!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

I am so proud of all our military men and women. I think they are all heroes.

If my kids didn't stand anytime the national anthem was played they knew the dire consequences of mom and dad's wrath. It's appalling how the young parents today have no clue what it means to be a patriot. You don't have to agree with government to be proud of our country. Most were not raised to know so how do they teach their kids? Sad.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM

I probably would have stood with you, but I think people react differently when they are looking at something on a screen. Even you probably wouldn't stand if it was on TV, and for many people, the screen provides a similar kind of "unreality" to the experience. I don't think they meant any disrespect.

So sorry for your terrible loss.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Oh my goodness, I would have stood with you too!! I'm very patriotic and old. maybe being old is what it takes these days.