paypal experiences

Old 08-23-2011, 05:33 AM

I use it all the time, and have never had a problem. You can use you checking account or a charge card. The other party never sees your account numbers.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:43 AM

I have used paypal often and twice when I had a problem with not getting the item ordered, i received a full refund. It took a while but they reponded well to correspondence.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 AM

I use Paypal frequently and have not had a bad experience yet. And it does make purchasing easier and no checks flying around.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

I use paypal and I've bought from Geta. If you don't trust Paypal, then set up a bank account separate from your normal checking and use that acct. for Paypal only. Then use your CREDIT CARD!! The CC will give you protection...like the story about the synthetic lawn...if you had paid with CC, they would have given you your down payment back.

Geta has wonderful patterns...you won't be sorry about purchasing from her.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I'm not sure I would want someone in another country to know my PP account info. They could easily send you a phishing email and if you fall for it, there goes your money.

I know it is wrong of me to mistrust people from other countries more so than the US, but there are places in Eastern Europe where much of the economy is built on internet scams.

But since another QB member has vouched for this seller, there seems like there would be no problem.
Paypal does not give out that info. No one can see it but you. have jsut this past year starting to use it. Lot safer and more reliable than a check --faster too.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 AM

I purchased Geta's "building blocks" pattern, and paid with paypal...both Geta and paypal are reliable...with paypal you are covered in case there is a dispute with the seller(not a problem with Geta)...and it is a very safe way to pay for things, as well as a safe way to get paid(if you want to sell things on here or e-bay, etc)...the seller never sees your bank or credit card info...there is no down side..go ahead..leap into the tech era!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 AM

I have been using Paypal for about 12 years with no problems.
I agree it is safer and faster than using a check. How many people have been scammed using checks - there are so many ways. When you give someone a check they have ALL the info they need to scam you big time. And yet you very rarely hear anyone saying, Well, I am not using checks anymore, I had a problem once.

BTW, that cube quilt by Geta is AWESOME!! I had to show it to DH, he loves 3-D quilts. First one he made was a TUmbling Blocks.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:51 AM

I would say only one thing about PayPal. Do not click or answer any email that says it is from PayPal, always type in address to be sure it is their website. I understand they do not email you direct they message you on the website. They will never ask you for account info in an email.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 AM

I use paypal all they time and have never had any problems...I even got money back because of a seller not sending me the product i paid for so they are very responsive to things like that...
Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I've used paypal for years, never had any problems. I like it for ebay and buying from members here. Fast and easy. I think once you have it setup you'll use it.
I have used paypal for years also. Never had any problems at all.
Makes paying quick and simple. I don't connect it to my bank account just my credit card.