Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Comment on the Tutorial Section of the site >

Comment on the Tutorial Section of the site

Comment on the Tutorial Section of the site

Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
There are a lot of the web sites and tuturials that do not appear when tried. To say the truth, "In my opinion, web sites, unless it a member web-site should not be allowed." I think it is, as an example, CraftyBear, that I like. She and I seem to work about the say way on projects.
am i understanding this correctly? that only tutes that are written by members should be allowed? or have i misinterpreted it?
please explain.

edit: that linked tutorials shouldn't be allowed? is that what you're advocating?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 PM
cyd

Isn't it terrific for so many to freely express themselves?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:14 AM
k3n
Power Poster

There are about a bazillion members now on QB and like any 'society' we need rules and organisation or there would be mayhem. We as members have a duty to play our part by reading and implementing the rules. This is for the good of the whole community. The mods are as I understand it, all volunteers who have lives besides us and sometimes it must be like herding cats for them. So I think we should all familiarise ourselves with and abide by ALL the guidelines. For the good of us all. End of rant. :-D
Old 10-13-2011, 02:32 AM

Maybe there should be a section just for linked tutorials.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by QuiltE
I guess I'm a little different ... if I'm looking for a tutorial, I like to know I can go to one place and find them all.

I can then decipher whether I want the one created by a board member or one from another site. Or .... as in most cases, I will review them all as they will each have something extra!
What she said!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
There are about a bazillion members now on QB and like any 'society' we need rules and organisation or there would be mayhem. We as members have a duty to play our part by reading and implementing the rules. This is for the good of the whole community. The mods are as I understand it, all volunteers who have lives besides us and sometimes it must be like herding cats for them. So I think we should all familiarise ourselves with and abide by ALL the guidelines. For the good of us all. End of rant. :-D
most members try to follow the rules. sometimes a mistake is made.

that doesn't mean that there aren't other and maybe better ways of accomplishing something. the fact that there are a bazillion members and the rules were written when there were many fewer members, might indicate that the old rules need tweaking. at other times, additions were made in order to add sections, so obviously it's possible. who knows? having a separate section for linked tutorials and home-made tutorials might be good. we won't know unless we try. i do know that if there can be sections for every other possible subject, there can't be an honest objection to having a section for each of the two different types of tutorials.

meanwhile, kathryn is right: live with what we have and make the best of it.

signed,
a non-herded cat :lol:
Old 10-13-2011, 11:25 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by k3n
most members try to follow the rules. sometimes a mistake is made.

that doesn't mean that there aren't other and maybe better ways of accomplishing something. the fact that there are a bazillion members and the rules were written when there were many fewer members, might indicate that the old rules need tweaking. at other times, additions were made in order to add sections, so obviously it's possible. who knows? having a separate section for linked tutorials and home-made tutorials might be good. we won't know unless we try. i do know that if there can be sections for every other possible subject, there can't be an honest objection to having a section for each of the two different types of tutorials.

meanwhile, kathryn is right: live with what we have and make the best of it.

signed,
a non-herded cat :lol:
Me-ow! :mrgreen: :lol: :D
Old 10-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Moi? Au Contraire.

simply investigating all possibilities.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM

While, yes, new sections can be added, the list is already very long and it becomes a major disadvantage if it winds up going to more than one page.

If anyone wants to see what tutorials have been posted in the Links section, it's a very simple matter of going to advanced search, typing 'tutorial' in the box and selecting Links and Resources as the section to search. Not everything in life has to be pre-chewed for us. :)
Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
While, yes, new sections can be added, the list is already very long and it becomes a major disadvantage if it winds up going to more than one page.

If anyone wants to see what tutorials have been posted in the Links section, it's a very simple matter of going to advanced search, typing 'tutorial' in the box and selecting Links and Resources as the section to search. Not everything in life has to be pre-chewed for us. :)
i know that there was a home-made double wedding tutorial,
the best i've ever seen, not a link, here. it had step-by-step instructions, large pictures and templates. it was posted in the links section before the current page existed. can you find it without knowing who posted it?