Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time? >

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 AM

I am so glad I am not alone, I have several projects in various stages of completion. I am also thinking of several projects I want to start. I refuse to start something new. My new years resolution is to finish my UFO's before I start something new. I am only one month into my resolution, I wonder how long I can last. I think this is a quilters downfall.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
Terina,you made me laugh so much tonight. This is what I have felt like lately. I have made 4 quilts tops in the last 5 weeks and this is all I think about, morning, noon and in my dreams. I am going to Physical therapy because my neck and shoulder are bothering me. I know why but won't stop. It is very addicting and if I am not at the machine or cutting I am on this board. this is all I live for. I love Missouri Quilt Company's videos also. And the Quilting guild I belong to has teachers and instructions to get ready for next meeting. You could not have written your post any better. It is so funny and I can relate so well. My husband gets worried about me spending so much time in this room, I don't think of anything else. Are we crazy?
I've heard somewhere, in here or somewhere else, about different ways to make it easier on your body. One was about the chair, the tilt of it or the height of it, and the other was about tilting the sewing machine toward you. I hope someone else can give more information about these things, but it would be nice if you could continue all your quilting without getting a sore neck or sore back.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 AM

Now lets see ----------------- 8 & maybe more. Knitting & crocheting the same, sewing more then I can count on both hands. One thing I don't get bored. I like it that way.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 AM

Without opening closets, drawers, etc., I can't remember them all, but I'm pretty sure I can't count that high anyhow...

Here's my plan for this year, that I read on a blog: Finish 2 projects that are started for every new one. That means I can start ones that I "really, really HAVE to do," lol, but will still be whittling down those that I KNOW I should do. It's as close to perfect as I'm going to be able to get.

No particular number or goals in mind, just to be working away on getting it under control.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 AM

As of today , I have four quilts in progress and several mug rugs to make. Two of these are BOM and should be finished by the end of the year. One is a jelly roll top that I am redesigning. One is a Grandmother's Flower Garden which is my take-along project when needed....this one won't be finished for quite some time.

I also have two cross-stitch projects that I work on while watching TV with DH. I usually have one larger cross-stitch project and one small one. I switch them up so I won't get bored with working on just one.

I get the feeling we are all quite busy with our projects. It gives us purpose, right?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:48 AM

I can't count that high. LOL's
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM

I usually have 4 or 5 going at the same time. Right now, I have one that I am handquilting laying beside by TV chair and work on it when watching TV with the DH. In the quilting room, I have one in three sections, basted and hanging up to machine quilt it. On the floor of the quilting room, I just finished piecing the top of a flannel quilt for a gift to a nephew and his wife, it has the backing pieced and the batting is cut and laid out on top of the front ready to start spray basting it. And on the quilt table, I have the pattern and the material ready to cut out an Ohio Star. And I am sewing blocks together for a nine-patch. Hey, I have always been able to do a lot of things at one time and quilting fit in perfectly after I retired. I am never....never...never bored.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM

actually I have so many that I refuse to count them and just keep working on things as they come to the surface or as my interest is renewed.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM

I have way too many tops waiting to be quilted. My ony child, a son, tells me he does not want to learn to quilt, so I need to get them quilted in my life time. I have 4 additional projects in progress and am collecting dotted fabric to do the Craftsy BOM. Quilting friends think I have ADD. LOL
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

I think I have lost count of the projects - just found a precut quilt kit that has been "aging" for some time, working on finishing the Craftsy BOM for 2012 and have printed instructions for Craftsy BOM for 2013, then there are two, yes two years of BOM,including the fabric from 2006 and 2007, along with several applique blocks I got but never finished several years ago, and the list goes on. Sometimes I just get bored with one project and start another, usually something quick and easy so I have a sense of accomplishment. In the overall scheme of things I have enough quilting projects to last a lifetime, and hopefully I live long enough to finish at least most of them. LOL