Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time? >

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

Old 02-02-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
The bacon use to have a piece of plastic in with the bacon and I have used that for the stiffness in the bottom of a purse I made. I don't think it is in the bacon package any more but you could use those cutting boards that come in a package.

I use the plastic canvas needlepointers use for the bottom of my purses.
Attached Thumbnails pcanvas.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Today, I made 3 blocks for a quilt I started earlier in the week, made 1 BOM, spent 2 hours doing machine appliqué, and 2 hours working on repairs of a quilt my mother made 45 years ago. Tomorrow, I want to do a paper pieced BOM. I have 2 more BOMs to do and have 3 quilts in various stages of being quilted. I also have fabric for a Mystery Quilt that I want to cut out. Guess I work on a good many projects during the day. I love watching Jenny Doan videos. Naturally, I want to make the quilts she demonstrates. I get so many packages from quilting stores that yesterday my postman asked how my quilting was coming along.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM

too many in process at different stages to count.I have creative disorder too
Old 02-02-2013, 06:39 PM

I have a charity quilt that is very very close to being done just have to finish the binding on three sides. I'm working on a railroad quilt in my quilting group I'm apart of so that one is a work in progress just as I get the time. I'm doing a BOW that's on going right now, I'm doing a doll quilt this week and maybe next week if it takes me a bit. Then next month I'm starting on my little girl's birthday quilt. So I guess I have 5 things going on. I can't start anymore until I get more done! But like I said the charity quilt will be done very soon it will only take me an hour or two to do. The doll quilt won't be bad. So that really leaves only 3 ongoing projects.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:00 PM

Let's see... a charity quilt, a gift for a friend, one commissioned piece, a baby quilt for my son due in April, a baby quilt for my daughter (born Sept 2011), and one for my husband and I. Though I'm not sure the last one counts since I purchased the fabric and haven't cut it yet...of the rest I have 2 ready to be quilted, 2 cut and pieced, and one still in development. The good news is that the charity quilt has to be done before next Thursday, the gift for a friend has to be done by the 10th, and the baby quilts after that. The commissioned piece needs to be ready by May. So, I do have a ton of projects, but they have all seen work in the last week and there is a plan for completion. If that helps.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM

I've only been quilting for a month or so and I've already got 3 wips! Think I have the bug big time, I am like that with all the crafts I do though!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM
QM
Power Poster

Generally about twenty
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM

I'm so glad you posted I have so many quilts going. I was laid of from my job in November and ever sende then I have been Quilting almost daily. It's the only thing that gives me piece of mind. I just finished a queen size quilt for my daughter, made a Large Dashing Star quilt top from Quilting Quickly Mag. Strated a Moda Bakeshop Blueberry Crumbcake quilt. Have material for another dashing star. Some table toppers started for easter and St Patricks. I have material for a fence rail and on and on. Oh I was just receive a consinment to make a wall hanging 3rt x 7ft. First payment will be here by Wednesday, so I'll need to order the fabric for that once the payment is here.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks about quilting most of the time. My mom told me I'm crazy.

Not related to quilting I also prepared 5 tax returns in the last 2 days. (our and family members)
Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 PM

I have a baby quilt I need to finish in a week, and finish one top for a lap quilt. Then I have promised myself to finish the 2 applique tops I started a year ago!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 PM

3 tops waiting to be quilted, 1 top almost finished quilting, 1 top almost finished piecing, 3 tops cut and ready to start piecing, 1 wool BOM started (all blocks received already), and a few small projects at various stages. Variety is the spice of life!!