Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on? >

What are you working on?

What are you working on?

Old 10-15-2013, 06:38 PM

Well, ladies, I don't feel so guilty. For a rank amateur quilter, I have three quilts in the process right now. Then, three months ago, I had back surgery, so I'm really behind now! Then, to keep my hands busy while I healed from surgery, I started knitting some ladies (adult) booties for those like me who chronically have cold feet! Unknown to me until it was over, my cousin entered a pair of my booties in the county fair -- she called me Saturday night to tell me that I took a blue ribbon! To say I was shocked is a major understatement! LOL!

Jeanette Frantz
Old 10-15-2013, 07:55 PM

Doesn't it seem that time flies, and we are standing looking at our stash. Will I started a D9P almost a year ago for a friend's daughterl. Most of the time I have to "know" how I am going to finish it before I start the sewing. Not this time. I started sewing today and have some of the squares put together. This will be a GAUG project. But I have to get it done and send it off. I have made some scrappy table runners for Christmas gifts as we will be out of state with family for Christmas. The project I am so excited about is a Scrappy Animal Tumbler quilt that I started a number of years ago. Using 5" charms and it has turned out awesome. Will have the binding on tomorrow. Then I have to wait until the little girl is born to make a name tag for it. Decided that I need to use up lots of my fabric in the next year so that I don't have to pack it up when we move. Had been very depressed lately and now working it out,, so the sewing room is the place to be for me. I even started a Dresden Plate Project that was left at our church. Itwas all cut into the pieces and I actaually have about 5 of the plates done. Don't know now if I was a quilyt got our new properties or us it in my bed for now. I need to work on UFO's more and forget about some of the other things.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 PM

I've got one quilt ready to sandwich - have had the top and bottom done for a while, but contemplating how I will quilt it - still don't know, but want to get it done so will figure it out. Also just finishing up denim jumpers for my 6 year old great nieces - just have to make buttonholes and sew on buttons. They are going out the door on Saturday, so must complete soon. Also, working on a set of placements for a wedding gift next Saturday - hoping to have time to make some linen napkins to go with it. Got all the blocks for a Swoon quilt on my design board ready for finalizing design and putting it together. This is more than I usually have going on, but by this weekend, will be back to a management number of projects. My brain is working on the next quilt, but undecided at the moment.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:46 AM

For the first time in my 10 years of quilting I have more than one project going at once and I absolutely hate it. I normally have one machine project and one hand project going. That I don't mind so much so I can work on the hand work at the school waiting for the boys to get out or at the docs office or something.

I have 9 identical table runners, just different colors, for my girls group at church. All the tops are done. The quilting is done on 6 or 7 of them and I need to get backings on and get the rest going. They frustrate me.

Working on some hexies trying to figure out what they are going to be ultimately. The 2012 Craftsy BOM - yeah I know I'm really caught up on that one, only 4 blocks done so far. Hexies are for it. 2 baby quilt tops done that need batting backing and quilted and the best man from our wedding died and I have his jeans to make a rag quilt.

I really wish there were 5 of me. Once I get all this stuff done I am NEVER again having more than one machine project again. I hate this.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I typically only have 2 projects going at a time... one of them is my son's tumbling block quilt which I am now a year into but it is tedious to work on so I always have a back-up. I have the fabric to start a "Gimmie Diamonds" quilt for my oldest son but before I start the cutting process, I promised myself I would put the binding on a quilt that was for a wedding gift which took place in July.

Does the crochet project I work on (only while being a passenger on long car trips) count?
Sure, it counts!! But then I would need to mention the counted crossstitch Christmas stocking I am working on, trying to finish before Christmas (grin)
Old 10-17-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mdegenhart View Post
My Advanced quilting class project. I've fused the appliqué down and we sandwiched and started quilting last night. The fabric is metallic and really "snowy/frosty" but is hard to tell in the picture. Was going to try some silver metallic thread for some of the quilting but it made my machine very unhappy.
Wow, that's gorgeous!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mdegenhart View Post
Bobbielinks, what pattern are you using for the tulip quilt? Very pretty.
I don't know the name of the pattern, but it is shown on the cover of "Best of Black Mountain Quilts" by Teri Christophenson, with directions in the book. I just finished appliqueing the last border on a few minutes ago, hopefully I can get pictures posted tomorrow.