Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Your Current Project? >

What's Your Current Project?

What's Your Current Project?

Old 10-31-2015, 06:13 AM

Just starting the hand quilting of Vintage Tin by Crabapple Hill Studios. http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/vintage-tin.html for Tim, my cousin. i changed a few things to make it personal, like the map from VA. Can't wait to give it to him. He is a special cousin in my life. You can still see the marks where I tried to figure out how to make a map, that was reasonable to embroider.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534605[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails unquilted-top.jpg   virginia-map.jpg  

Last edited by AZ Jane; 10-31-2015 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:05 AM

I made 5 queen sized quilts for Christmas. One is completed, four need binding - all need labels. I know what I will be doing for the next 6 weeks! And I want to make a pillow cover and maybe a table topper for gifts. Fun!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:44 AM

Trying to catch up on Christmas quilts and stockings, now that wedding and baby quilts finishede.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 AM

I have just sent for the 9 degree wedge ruler so i can try the Spicy Spiral Table runner.I have finished10 quilts,40 placemats and numerous pillow cases...My youngest daughter visited me ,was so wonderful to have her here that i gave her her quilt....now must think of something else for her...lol
Old 10-31-2015, 08:14 AM

I guess my next "current project" will be Bonnie Hunter's mystery. Other than that, I'm working on a quilt for my granddaughter, a scrappy string quilt, a crumb quilt, and a Scrappy Trip quilt. Never could stick with just one. I switch around depending on my mood. LOL
Old 10-31-2015, 08:18 AM

Heaven help me, but I have three projects in the works. Our church group is making a twin size, I'm making a queen sized Big Star, a la Missouri Star Co., and a queen sized vintage airplane quilt for a grandson. Two of them will be hand quilted. Oh, dear.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:20 AM

I am working on 3 quilts at the same time. I know I should work on one at a time but I need to get them completed soon. Took a class on the Costa Maya quilt a few weeks ago. I have the major portion finished and am working on the border sections. Probably about 5 hrs worth once I get going. My soon to be daughter-in-law's parents are coming from Scotland in January to visit (first grandchild, a girl, on both sides expected any day). I am working on a tumbler quilt using scrappy plaids. 8 rows done, another 10 to go. Will post when it's done. And 2 years ago I was given a box of t-shirts from a friend who has survived breast cancer. She is a longarmer and agreed to quilt my king size quilt in exchange for a quilt made from all of her t-shirts. Got them all cut and fused and have added some connector blocks but need to get it finished so I can get mine done. When I finish those 3 I will be very happy to move on with the umpteen others that are also a priority. They say idle hands are the devil's playthings. No devil hanging around me!
Old 10-31-2015, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

I just finished this for Rhondas' Wall hanging swap. it will be mailed out this week. we get the swap names tonight! I'm excited.
peace

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534610[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc06154.jpg  
Old 10-31-2015, 09:18 AM

I have several in the works. I have to finish the label on one quilt, need to start to finish several WIPs, and several BOMs that I haven't even started as well as some projects for QOV (luckily don't need to be ready to Jan) and some projects for another group.

I am using the motivation of a UFO challenge from one of the guilds I belong to.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:26 AM

quilting the border of a nautical quilt, appliqueing the border corners of a Baltimore quilt, and I just started a small quilt for my daughter's new office. I simply cannot just concentrate on one quilt, I find I work faster when I have 2 or 3 projects going.