Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So what did you get at JoAnn's sale?? >

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

Old 11-29-2009, 11:52 AM

Naturalmama (Hey, can these be sharpened??)

my mom used to sharpen hers with a fine emery board or very fine sandpaper, before the came out with the sharpening tool. I have used the sharpening tool a few times but still not like a new blade
Old 11-29-2009, 01:10 PM

Finally got to a store today. Bought the last bolt of W&N, natural colour...I prefer that to the white. Several FQ's for 79 cents each, a C'mas book for my grands, and a couple of rolls of C'Mas paper.

Also gave them a note to be handed up the line to management in regards to their website being down since early Friday morning, and asked if they would honour the sale price on the sewing machine cases. I wanted two...one for self, and one for step-daughter. At a mark down from $89.99 to $29.99, I hope they will!!!!

I spent $227.95, saved $261.43. So I was happy with that. :)
Old 11-29-2009, 02:42 PM

Oh what a sale! I got everything I wanted on sale so the big discount coupon wasn't valid however 20% off my total was really nice.

Got a bit more fabric, I always run out of white on white and that was $1 off per yard. Also some flannel was a great deal at $1.49.
And a few odds and ends I didn't have I read here would come in handy!
It was not only crowded there were quite a few men there.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:44 PM

I was really upset that the website was down, too! I couldn't get to the store on Friday, and planned to do a little shopping while eating lunch on line. I think that I will also ask if they will honor the coupons.....
Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

The site is still down... glad I don't work in that IT department :wink:
Old 11-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
The site is still down... glad I don't work in that IT department :wink:
I tried to get on their site a week or two ago and it was down then, too. I got a message saying something to the effect that it wasn't available due to too many users and to try again later. Sounds like they need an upgrade.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
Good Morning!~ Quick question here. Could you tell me the distance between holes on the drawer pull? I am thinking of getting a different set of drawer pulls and knobs. I have another piece of furniture that a neighbor gave me and it has three shelves with an opaque glass door and a drawer and am thinking about matching it up as a set. Maybe white porcelain knobs and pull or maybe a colored set. I don't know yet.
There are no knobs; all the hardware are pulls (three); my husband and I were quite surprised they were of fairly high quality. The table pieces are all predrilled but I guess you could use knobs on the doors (the drawer might look kind of funny). The screw holes measure 3" on center which I think is pretty standard. :D
Old 11-30-2009, 03:27 AM

Thanks very much for your help there. From the picture in the JoAnn's book, it looked like a drawer pull on the drawer and a knob on the door. So that takes care of that little thing! Now I am trying to figure out how to get it into the house. I am thinking of bringing in the pieces from the shed one by one. It'll be a heckuva easier for me and the husband can't lift. This way I can set up in order of putting together.

Anyhow, thanks again for your help! Edie
Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 AM

A bit of batting, some basting spray, thread (of course). There was more I wanted to look at and possibly buy, but I was under a time constraint and just plain ran out of shopping time. :D
Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 AM

Yes, I think I was expecting that the doors would have knobs too. Some of the pieces are pretty heavy; I brought my box to the sliding glass door that had to steps, opened the top of it and laid the box down and slid the pieces out one by one. My hubby too isn't supposed to lift so this was a project I put together all by myself :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-57753.jpe