Flu near you? :(

Old 02-02-2018, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

My sister found out she doesn't have the flu- just a nasty crud of some sort.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:30 AM

I usually take some kind of super immunity builder in the winter, to try to build my immunity up. Also taking extra vitamin c. I know some learned folks say it doesn't help, but if I think it helps me, then it helps me.
Immune builders have astragalus, andographis, Echinacea, stuff like that
Old 02-02-2018, 10:17 AM

I would like to know at what point we would not be contagious!!! I had hopes of two important function this weekend and there is no way we can go out in public. As the one lady said "coughing our insides out" we are better but still very very sick.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:02 PM

We got the flu shots, DD and family had them too but still got flu though it was mild for them. We have been lucky, but have had to go to the doctor's for tests and appointments and I am worried we will get it even though we sanitized our hands and took our own water. It is scary.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
We got the flu shots, DD and family had them too but still got flu though it was mild for them. We have been lucky, but have had to go to the doctor's for tests and appointments and I am worried we will get it even though we sanitized our hands and took our own water. It is scary.

And take your own pen for the sign in sheet, too. I’ve also started carrying a stylus to sign the screens at the stores when I use my charge card. And use my knuckle to punch in numbers. Yes, very scary.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:39 AM

I always use my own pens anywhere I go (banks, schools, etc.) but I never thought about buying a stylus. Great idea--using them always creeps me out, thinking about where the previous users hands may have been prior to grabbing it. Where did you find one?
Old 02-04-2018, 07:18 AM

so far, so good here, but we are limiting exposure. The stylus is a good idea but thinking about the whole grocery store experience is scary. Everything gets touched by many people and then we carry the stuff into our homes. Saw a woman and her kids leave the rest room with none washing their hands. And then I'm sure those kids went throughout the store touching everything. Luckily most of have an immune system working for us. Sure will be glad to see spring!
Old 02-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Whoops, I just went to the grocery and didn't sanitize the cart handle. I think I'd better wash my hands.