Flu near you? :(

Old 01-27-2018, 08:38 PM

Default Flu near you? :(

Here we have schools closed from flu, lines in the doctors offices and hospitals, and people coughing and looking pale everywhere. Anyone have flu where you are?
Old 01-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

Lots of friends have had it, and it's a particularly nasty strain that lasts a long time.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:52 PM

It's everywhere! I take anti-bacterial wipes and gel wherever I go and avoid crowds. For the most part, I'm staying home but my doctor has notified his patients to call in with symptoms and he will assess and treat by phone, if possible. It's a yucky strain...
Old 01-27-2018, 09:00 PM

I keep hearing about how bad it is, but only know one person who had it. One of our employees was really sick a week or so ago.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:33 AM

I just got over what seemed to me to be a laryngitis (my voice was abnormal or mostly absent) coupled with the most violent cough, lots of nasal congestion, and I've had it since Thanksgiving! It was awful, felt like I was coughing myself inside out. Twice during the week before Christmas I went to MedExpress for treatment but there wasn't even one parking space in the lot, so I wasn't seen by a doctor. I am in Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.

Last edited by JustAbitCrazy; 01-28-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:45 AM

Its a ghost town here in Virginia. Everywhere I go, no traffic and lots of parking spaces open. Walmart was fully, and neatly stocked of all product on all isles...I had never seen it like that, ever. I feel like I have gone back in time. I moved to this town in 1981, and this is what traffic looked like, I had almost forgotten..... I sure hope people are staying home because they are afraid they will catch the flu and not because they have the flu....I am out and about and not afraid.....yet.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:21 AM

Yes, my DH and I are just getting over the flu, after 2 1/2 weeks of being sick. It hit really fast, and after our fever broke, DH's went into upper respiratory infection, and mine went into a sinusitis. I only went out to get prescriptions filled and some OTC meds for the coughs (not that it did any good, but we needed to try to sleep)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

Me and hubby and daughter in law had the bad stomach virus, but none of us yet the regular flu. Hubby had to go to Walmart yesterday, and a few other places that couldn't be avoided so I hope we don't get the flu. He took a bottle of the antibacterial hand sanitizer with him. Our local clinic said they have had many cases of the flu, and my youngest sister who works at Oak Ridge Tn. National Labs said that where she works in her station that two have had confirmed cases of the flu.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:39 AM

I live close to the PA-NY border and try to stay home unless absolutely necessary. A close friend is still in the ICU after getting the flu. She did not get a flu shot. She ended up on a ventilator with pneumonia and the doctors really did not know if she would live. The virus damaged her heart, lungs and kidneys. At this point I think I'm turning into a germophobe. You cough...I run!!!
Old 01-28-2018, 05:01 AM

The flu is everywhere this year!