Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite long arm machine >

Favorite long arm machine

Favorite long arm machine

Old 07-24-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
I had one well-regarded brand at the top of my list, but on trying several models at a respected dealer's road show, I couldn't stand the vibration in my hands and wrists (I have mild tendonitis). I actually had to stop after just a few minutes it was that bad. I was stunned and wondered if it was all longarms or just that brand
Interesting. I wonder if it was the way it was set up (sometimes the setups at shows aren't the best) or if that's normal for that machine.

When I was in the market, I considered Nolting, but scratched it off the list quickly after hearing how loud and noisy it was. I was with a friend who owns a HandiQuilter, she was just as shocked by the level of noise as I was.

Last edited by Peckish; 07-24-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:12 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Interesting. I wonder if it was the way it was set up (sometimes the setups at shows aren't the best) or if that's normal for that machine.
All 3 machines had the same issue, and each was a different model (one the newest design, one that was their most "popular", and one that was their largest with automation installed). I was shocked, because this was a road show, not a quilt show, so they were there to showcase the brand to a dedicated and interested audience. You would expect the machines to be set up properly in that scenario.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:41 PM

I do not have the computer on my APQS Lucey....but I did opt to get the "bliss" addition to the frame. This makes the machine glide so easy and I am glad I did. I do mainly overall free motion with Lucey and add things like bubbles or leaves or hearts or spirals in...It is fun. I just don't want to learn how to do the computerized quilting. Just want to get my quilts finished and on somebody's bed or couch.