Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022 >
  • Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

• Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

Old 11-29-2022, 01:44 PM

Okay, I cheated a little and went two days over the weekend, but I was able to finish two quilts. I only had to quilt the borders and attach them, plus do the binding. Finished the second quilt this morning! Yeah! These are for my two teenage grand-daughters. They wanted them alike, but different colors. It was fun doing them both at the same time -- each step along the way!

The pattern is Tradewinds - though the block is the pattern, I did it by QAYG and added sashing, single border all around and all blocks are full blocks. It will fit a king size bed, or queen with draping over the sides, they wanted it long enough to tuck in pillows (that's why I took the pictures with the ends folded up some -- didn't want to get it on the floor! It is quilted in a spiral design to represent the wind.
    Attached Thumbnails img_5331.jpg   img_5339.jpg   img_5319.jpg   img_5325.jpg  

Last edited by quiltsfor; 11-29-2022 at 01:56 PM.
    Old 11-29-2022, 02:15 PM

Such nice quilts. The color choices make them look so different
    Old 11-29-2022, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor
    Okay, I cheated a little and went two days over the weekend, but I was able to finish two quilts. I only had to quilt the borders and attach them, plus do the binding. Finished the second quilt this morning! Yeah! These are for my two teenage grand-daughters. They wanted them alike, but different colors. It was fun doing them both at the same time -- each step along the way!

The pattern is Tradewinds - though the block is the pattern, I did it by QAYG and added sashing, single border all around and all blocks are full blocks. It will fit a king size bed, or queen with draping over the sides, they wanted it long enough to tuck in pillows (that's why I took the pictures with the ends folded up some -- didn't want to get it on the floor! It is quilted in a spiral design to represent the wind.
    Beautiful quilts! Congratulations on the finishes!
    Old 11-30-2022, 04:17 AM

I love the Tradewinds pattern. I used is for a baby quilt for one of my grandsons. Seeing yours in a larger size and bright tropical colors is inspirational.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:48 PM

I got all my Christmas decorating done. No sewing as I had to clean up my sewing room as one of my Grandsons is coming for a week to stay with us.
    Old 11-30-2022, 05:29 PM

Beautiful. And I like that pattern.