Dog people

Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 AM

We have choc. lab J.W.Dundee hes a love,a white lab Ted E. Polar Bear my spoiled baby,Kadee Lady our little (44 lbs.)black lab,Then came Darious Sebastian he is our 10 mo. old collie quite the boy.We also have black cat Kitty Kitty (Darious's best friend)Koi fish,5 kids,2 grand children with another grandboy due in June all spoiled,no under the covers.Our white lab and black lab have cancer,we just go day to day.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 AM

I have 4 Papillons, Sydney, Kona, Max and Bear. The 3 boys are my lovers, my girl is more aloof. They are a high energy, smart breed. Although I love big dogs, our yard is too small to accomodate a big dog. They certainly are allot of fun and allot less trouble than kids in many ways (My youngest is 18...time for her to be more independant!)
While sewing, or playing my horn or whatever I'm doing, I always have my 4 shadows. All 4 sleep with us, the girl-Sydney on the floor, the other 3 nustled up with me. :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29239.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM

Well, I just don't know what to say!! I have so enjoyed reading about and seeing pictures of your little people in "dog suits". I have 4 dogs, 3 setters are outside and my husband hunts with them and plays with them daily. #4 and the largest (75lbs) who we call "Deets" sleeps on the bed usually on my husbands feet. He rules and we do belong to him. He goes where we go! If we ride up and he is not in sight panic ensues untill we find him. He was 4 in Feb.
I have had a local artist to paint two of our dogs who have gone on. (all are buried in our yard in the flowers) He does a wonderful job and is very reasonable. If interested PM me and I will give you his web site.
I would encourage each of you to go to the web site "Rainbow Bridge". It will touch your heart and for those who have pets who have passed away it will give you something to look forward to! The poem is wonderful and I choose to believe.
Bow Wow!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Just curious...how many of y'all are dog owne. and what kind of dog and how spoiled are they. #1 being the dog sleeps on the furniture #2 being the dog sleeps on the bed and #3 being the dog sleep s in bed under the covers :)
I have two dogs both are Borzoi, aka Russian Wolfhounds. They both came to be at 12 weeks of age, are not related, and are now going on 11 which is elderly in giant breeds. Hunter is my Avatar and his "sister" is Fiona and they are spoiled and my kids. Of course my grown two legged kids would not like to hear me call them my "kids" but the dogs have never given me any grief. Can't always say that about human kids.

:lol:
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 PM

I have the sweetest most loving Pit Bull in the world. He absolutely loves people (not so fond of other dogs unless they are in our house). We rescued him from death row at a Denver animal shelter. Pit Bulls aren't allowed in their city limits. He is so polite. You can tell he is grateful that we rescued him. He is allowed on all of the furniture and takes turns sleeping with each family member. He has so many toys the backyard looks like someone air dropped hundreds of stuffed animals. We love him so much.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

I just love seeing everyones fur babies. My avatar is my baby. She adopted us so to speak. I had a rat terrier that had also adopted us and I would take him out in the front yard every morning and one day she starting coming to meet us there. In the beginning she was very shy but Lucky and I quickly won her heart and the rest is history. We have since lost our sweet lucky puppy and little girl travels with us everywhhere we go. She sleeps with us and on the couch but not on any of the other furniture. She has a pet bed and a pet cool pad that helps with her arthritis for her to sleep on during the day. SHe is a sweetheart but very protective of me. We have had her for 10 years now.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 PM

Alice sleeps under the covers in our bed. Soo spoileddddddddd
Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 PM

Your shelties are beautiful. I had Jedd, my sheltie for 17 years and he passed away about 8 months ago. I still say good morning to him like he's there. he was my best friend. I have a little dashhound and an Austrian shepherd Molyy, they helped me get thru this but I still miss him so much..
Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 PM

I have a Greyhound, she sleeps on the furniture, in her own ( guest room) bed, under the covers if it's cold, y9oucan always tell, you'll come home and the bed will be rearranged to make a nest. only other way she's spoiled is; my husband & I eat mostly egg whites that leaves many egg yolks, so every time she hears an egg crack, she comes running, she won't come into the kitchen because the floor's slippery, so she stands in the doorway, ears up, head cocked to one side, silly looking thing! One time she was standing at the front door looking out, and a kid came up to the door and asked if we had a deer in the house! LOL!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Thats so funny. Molly my Austrian Shepherd likes raw peppers so when she hears me start cutting one she is in between my legs, looking up at me. They are great arent they....