Dog people

Old 03-04-2010, 05:35 PM

I am mother to two yorkies. One sleeps under the covers and the other sleeps on my pillow, or whereever he wants to. Both are only 5 pounds, so they don't take up alot of room. One of them snores pretty good though.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 PM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

Guilty as charged on all three counts! Up until last year I had six dogs, 5 Chi's and one rescue. Sadly my 14 year old rescue Zack, we've had since he was a puppy, started having really bad seizures and he was so blind. And we lost on of our Chi's, Sharon to old age as well. They are my babies!!!

Zack my boy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29462[/ATTACH]

Mommie Dog when she was a pup.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29463[/ATTACH]

Jimmy, Belle, Mommie Dog and Sharon in the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29464[/ATTACH]

Lydia, resued from a hoarder of 400 animals.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29684[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29462.jpe   attachment-29463.jpe   attachment-29464.jpe   attachment-29684.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM

We have a rescue GSD X Collie named Charlie, and he is only allowed on the couch or bed if invited by us, but sometimes sneaks downstairs in the night to sleep on the couch. :lol:
He normally sleeps under our high french bed, where we spread a few dog beds, and he shares it with one of the cats, if they're not on the bed with us.
He is a bit spoiled and used to come to work with me every day, I drove him to hydrotherapy an hour's drive from home when he had joint problems, and we take him out 3-4 hours a day.
Hubby somehow trained all our animals to beg for food, but only from him! They leave me alone and all sit in front of him whenever he is eating, even if we have the exact same food on our plates, it drives him nuts. :mrgreen:

Charlie at work with me last year
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29528[/ATTACH]

Still busy helping at work...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29529[/ATTACH]

I don't even get the couch to myself...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29761[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29528.jpe   attachment-29529.jpe   attachment-29530.jpe   attachment-29761.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM

Guilty to some extent as well. We have a beagle, Rebel that we rescued from pound. Adopted a lab/boxer mix, Hi-Dee that was abandoned at the vet with 12 brothers and sisters the same day we took Rebel to be checked out.
Rebel runs to the kitchen at 6 pm when the news is on and barks demanding his food...which both he and Hi-Dee then eat.
Both trained NOT to get on furniture. They sleep on floor in front of a heater that hubby gets out every winter for them.
Bed time...I get an 80 lb. Hi-Dee sleeping at the bottom of the bed on my feet....great foot warmer. Rebel sleeps between us till hubby decides to move..then Rebel comes over against the side of the bed.
Hi-Dee has been trained by hubby to bring my slippers & pick remote up or anything else I drop. Had very bad back till 2 years ago...but she still brings slippers, shoes, etc to me when I ask her. Love both of them to death & both are great with my 5 grands.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:50 PM

Also, guilty of all three. I have a yorkie and he is definitely spoiled. He believes every one who comes in is here to see only him.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
I'm mom to two beautiful 11 year old labs. Rocky (choc male) and Lucy (black female). Rocky has bad hips and can no longer get up into bed, so he sleeps in the recliner. Lucy sleeps with us cuddled like a couple of spoons with her head on my pillow. Lucy almost died from stomach issues so for the past four years we have been cooking fresh meat, veggies and brown rice instead of dog food. When I sew, Lucy is laying between my feet with her chin on my foot that works the pedal. Do I kiss my dogs on the lips? Yes. Dog lover? You bet!
Here are "the pooches" sitting on the front porch.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29762.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 PM

Guilty of all three and loving every minute of it. This is Bella and Chloe showing off their newly cleaned teeth.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29764.jpe  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by sidskid
Guilty of all three and loving every minute of it. This is Bella and Chloe showing off their newly cleaned teeth.
How cute are they?!! They look like they're laughing and having a good ol time!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
Soooo..... I have a dog(he's a mix) ...he has a great pillow bed...& is allowed on one recliner downstairs...and one recliner upstairs.....not on or in our bed....

and then we have our little "grand dog"
What a "good old soul" he looks to be!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by pam7858
uh oh, I'm guilty of having 4 dogs! Rescued greyhound (sleeps in his bed on the floor), Italian greyhound (sleeps under the covers), rescued Shih Tzu (sleeps above the covers, usually at foot of the bed) , and a long hair dachsund (sleeps under, over, around, on my pillow - wherever he ends up last) They are ALL spoiled!
Love Em!