Dog people

Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 AM

Well ladies, I have 5 dogs and a cat who thinks she's a dog. 4 mini dachshunds Tasha, Greta, Dieter, and Fonzie they do sleep with us 3 under the covers and Greta sleeps on top. Our mini Aussie shepherd Amber sleeps in her crate at night, but she my dog from hell and will get into anything and everything if we don't put in the crate at night. We also have 3 love birds, a parrot, and 2 Bourke parakeets. The parrot is the only one with a name he called Kat, because when we got him I was really looking to get a cat and on the way home I said that sure is a funny looking cat hubby says that's what we will call him Kat. Oh, Fonzie is cuddlier I have to put my arm around him and he has to be right next to me before he will go to sleep.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Banned

I had to chihuahuas that were my babys, and they were so spoiled, but when we lost our house because I injured my back and could not work, we could not aford the pet deposit, so I had to put them up for adoption. I had them for fourteen years and miss them terabibley.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Well we have two dogs. One is a Westie which her Daddy thinks can do no worng. She does get on the couch and sleeps i the bed but not under the covers. We also rescured a border collie in October and he gets on the counch occasionlly but not in the bed.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 PM

Okay I admit. He does sleep on the bed but NEVER under the covers. He's spoiled because I pay attention to him but I don't give him extra treats and things. I want him to be a healthy weight. He's a Frenchie (see photo to the left). I also have 2 grand dogs, Lucky 7 and Ace 1. Lucky's brilliant (the pug), Ace is still very much a puppy, and Sammy, my Frenchie is 4 and a sweetheart. I'll try to get the other pix of the dogs
Attached Thumbnails attachment-30655.jpe  
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM

When we had our little man- still miss him like crazy- I was guilty of all three offenses. But he was the best dog. People would invite us to visit and they would always say - 'And don't forget to bring Schooner!'- he was that good.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Linsoblu
Well ladies, I have 5 dogs and a cat who thinks she's a dog. 4 mini dachshunds Tasha, Greta, Dieter, and Fonzie they do sleep with us 3 under the covers and Greta sleeps on top. Our mini Aussie shepherd Amber sleeps in her crate at night, but she my dog from hell and will get into anything and everything if we don't put in the crate at night. We also have 3 love birds, a parrot, and 2 Bourke parakeets. The parrot is the only one with a name he called Kat, because when we got him I was really looking to get a cat and on the way home I said that sure is a funny looking cat hubby says that's what we will call him Kat. Oh, Fonzie is cuddlier I have to put my arm around him and he has to be right next to me before he will go to sleep.
I grew up with Doxies and my and my husband's first dog was a Doxie. When my mom passed over, we took her two mini doxies. They lived to be 15 and 16. And they were definetly cuddlers.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:10 PM

All of the dogs are so cute! We have 2 german shorthair pointers. They are in my avatar. Big one is Mikey and little one is Rosey. She is the diva. They are both spoiled rotten. Mikey used to be an outside dog until a couple years ago and he is loving being inside. We got Rosey fall of 2008. They both are on the couch most of the time and have to be cuddled at night and Rosey has to be covered with her blanky. She loves to be warm. As you can see by the pictures, they like each other a lot.

Dogs cuddling
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30798[/ATTACH]

Out in the sun
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30799[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-30798.jpe   attachment-30799.jpe  
Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM

I knew there was a good reason I like y'all... :-D
We have 10 (yup ten) dogs. Didn't really start out wanting 10, but we couldn't say no when some of them needed homes. We do live in the country and have very large fenced yard and big doggy door.

5 are Bichon Frise's - Jewely, JJ, Vikki, Gracie, Paris -- 1 Mini Schnauzer - Tifa -- 1 Shih Tzu mix - Max - 1 Maltese - Cascio (smallest and he thinks he is the BOSS) -- 1 Golden Ret. Maggie -- pound puppy from the local shelter - Darcy.

I love 'em, every one. Spoiled? You bet. They sleep where ever they want, but mostly, Gracie, Paris and Tifa sleep right beside me on the bed. Max, Maggie, and JJ sleep in my room, but not on the bed. Jewely, Vikki and Cascio sleep in my friend's room on her bed.

Tifa - mini schnauzer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30804[/ATTACH]

JJ and Gracie (brother & sister)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30805[/ATTACH]

Paris
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-30804.jpe   attachment-30805.jpe   attachment-30806.jpe  
Old 03-05-2010, 06:45 PM

Since I started this thread I guess I should tell you about my own "puppy babies" Over the 40 years of our marriage we have shared our lives with 12 wonderful dogs. All have lived a long and good life. all being at least 13years when they went to the rainbow bridge. We currently have two seniors, Katie (a beautiful black Lab ) and Rashie (a shepard/huskie mix.) Katie is almost 10 and Rashie is 12. Our Youngsters are Sam, a little (22lbs) beagle and Marley (named for the dog in the book) a small (45lb) yellow Lab They are both just 3 years old. I cannot imangine my life withoutr an animal companion in it. The joy they bring into our lives outweighs the sorrow when the go to the rainbow bridge, and I know we will all be together again someday.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 PM

We have two beagles, Molly and Toby. Who said they were dogs? They don't think so.