Dog people

Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 PM

why of course they should be spoiled. we have 2 shih-tzus, shushu who is 9, and lelei (shushu's dog) who is 7. They are wonderful very balanced dogs who sleep where they want to. work as a team for treats, and have that "stare" down to perfection. shu shu is very smart. two years ago I was in bed for a week with my back and when I called for my husband she would go to the end of the hall and bark and we finally figured it out that she was barking for him to come quick. can't imagine life without them. best kids of our two and dh's two.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Guilty...our granddog slept wherever her little heart desired..in bed, on the bed, at the foot of the bed or in our laps. We lost her 3 years ago and still miss her.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 PM

We have 12 rescues right now, none sleep with us, but I have to perch on the arm of my hubby's chair to watch TV, because the love seat is taken. Not all 12 live in the house; only 7 - just the small and the special needs kids.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Nat
We have 12 rescues right now, none sleep with us, but I have to perch on the arm of my hubby's chair to watch TV, because the love seat is taken. Not all 12 live in the house; only 7 - just the small and the special needs kids.
You are doggie angels!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:06 PM

I just want to show some pictures of my grand-dog. He is a love!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-970.jpe   attachment-971.jpe  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 PM

My Shih Tzu, ChiChi, saved my life and has gotten me help twice when I didn't realize my sugar dropped drastically.
Just after midnight once, she jumped on my stomach making me roll out of bed. And another time, she ran to the other bedroom and awakened my friend who came to see what was wrong and I wasn't responding. SO, they called for help. Love is so great that if I don't pay her attention while she is eating she just won't eat. She even more valuable that you can imagine. But, I'd love her to pieces.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:33 AM

I love all the pictures of the dogs. Now I don't feel so guilty about spoiling the dogs in our house. My daughter has 2 dogs a hound/shepard mix Moe 6 or 7 and a chow/shepard mix Greta about 8 we think and 2 cats, Spike 7 , 20lbs, who thinks he is a dog and Ophelia a little grey kitty who after a year is finally sort of settling in. We just adopted out our foster kitty , Lydia, who we had for 2 years. I have a Lhasa Andy aka Muppet 8 who is my best friend and an outdoor kitty(his choice not mine) Hobo. Moe has the living room chair , Greta has the ottoman. Spike and Ophelia have the back cushions of the couch in front of the window. Andy has his own bed in my room and until recently slept on the bed with me tight fit its a twin. I added a 2 inch foam pad to my bed and he can't jump up there anymore. All rescues. I have fosters a lot but the 2 I really remember is Tucker one of my first very shy , use to pee on my foot if other people were around and Meg a little doxie who slept under the covers with me. I usually foster puppies so no sleeping in the bed with me.
Andy gets his own special food which changes with his mood. I have to be in the room with him or he won't eat. And Its his room not mine. lol
Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 AM

"Saturday I am making "pupcakes" for them. Natural treats baked in mini cupcake tins."
Barb would mind sharing that recipes? I am sure my doggie kids would love this.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
I had to chihuahuas that were my babys, and they were so spoiled, but when we lost our house because I injured my back and could not work, we could not aford the pet deposit, so I had to put them up for adoption. I had them for fourteen years and miss them terabibley.
ahhh Penny I so feel your pain, I had to give up my beloved macraw for almost the same reason, I never knew it was possible to love a bird so much.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-1182.jpe  
Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

My beloved Bitsy, 12-08 - 3-3-10

so loved, so missed, and yet, so here...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1415[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-1415.jpe