Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down. >
  • Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down.

• Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 PM
    Power Poster

So sorry for you but can't stop laughing. Things will get better.
    Old 05-25-2010, 11:24 AM

And I just discovered two splotches on the ceiling - Yep, two gobs of mayo did the olympic high jump. I can see the dried stuff just oozing the oil, now how to clean it ?- after I drag out the step ladder.
    Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 AM

"Hubby calls me at 9:30am and asks if I had come home after I went to work,(huh?) and of course I said NO. Well, he says, then someone must have broke into the house and I guess I scared him cuz he dropped the mayo on the floor when he ran away."

ROFLOL!!! I'm sorry you had such a time but that just cracked me UP! Put things into perspective for me. THANK YOU! I so needed that!
    Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 PM

reminds me of the story of the blond housewife that went grocery shopping on a very hot day, she lodes her grocery in the back seat of the car and starts for home,one of the things she bought was a tin of biscuits, on the way she hears this big bang and something hit the back of her head, she grabs the back of her head and pulls over to the side of the road. A policeman stops and says are you OK? She says no I'm not OK I'm the victim of a drive by shooting, can't you see I was shot in the head and I am trying to hold my brains in. He said no Mame all I see is you holding a biskit.
    Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 AM

Well had mine yesterday DGS comes running into kitchen. Grammie I lost my diaper. Well I get him one & then notice his shirt is very wet. I then go check the bed & both sheets, quilt, flannel quilt & another one are all wet. Also the bed squishey foam cover is wet so that means pad is wet. Spent the day washing everything as the quilts take 2 to 3 cycles to dry as they roll up. Putting the cover back on foam pad is like trying to stretch a knats butt over a barrel. Not an easy day. Wish that boy would get potty trained or stop losing dipers.
    Old 05-26-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    Well had mine yesterday DGS comes running into kitchen. Grammie I lost my diaper. Well I get him one & then notice his shirt is very wet. I then go check the bed & both sheets, quilt, flannel quilt & another one are all wet. Also the bed squishey foam cover is wet so that means pad is wet. Spent the day washing everything as the quilts take 2 to 3 cycles to dry as they roll up. Putting the cover back on foam pad is like trying to stretch a knats butt over a barrel. Not an easy day. Wish that boy would get potty trained or stop losing dipers.
    I hope the pic of the boy in your avatar isn't the one who lost the diaper :oops:
    Old 05-26-2010, 09:54 AM

OH you had quite the time! But I'd take the pineapple smell over what I have in my car. Last summer we went to the wharf and bought a dozen lobsters. Came home and after a quick detour to drop off two of said beasts at a friend's house during which we made a sharp right turn and the bucket of lobsters fell over. Brought in the bucket of 10 lobsters... but we could only find 9. No biggie right? The fellow at the wharf obviously counted wrong.
    TWO LONG HOT weeks later, we hired a young fellow to clean our cars inside and out. He came and knocked on the door... "What do you want me to do with the dead lobster in the trunk?"

I have tried everything and still it smells like a BAD day at the beach!
    Old 05-26-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    I hope the pic of the boy in your avatar isn't the one who lost the diaper :oops:
    No that is my baby. He's Almost 17. The culprit is 3 year grand son who refuses to get potty trtained.
    Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
    OH you had quite the time! But I'd take the pineapple smell over what I have in my car. Last summer we went to the wharf and bought a dozen lobsters. Came home and after a quick detour to drop off two of said beasts at a friend's house during which we made a sharp right turn and the bucket of lobsters fell over. Brought in the bucket of 10 lobsters... but we could only find 9. No biggie right? The fellow at the wharf obviously counted wrong.
    TWO LONG HOT weeks later, we hired a young fellow to clean our cars inside and out. He came and knocked on the door... "What do you want me to do with the dead lobster in the trunk?"

I have tried everything and still it smells like a BAD day at the beach!
    Have you tried leaving it open in the sun. Maybe if you sprayed down with Freebreze or one of those odor neturalizer. That might help. Heloise always talks about using charcoal. If you put a pan of that in trunk it might absorb the odor. Just as bad as spilled milk in Texas in August. Smells like death.
    Old 05-26-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by katmom54
    Some times life is just a mess!!
    I love this statement! LOL

Glad you're able to laugh now. Once when my mom had no garbage service, I picked hers up & put the bag in my trunk. Forgot about it for 2-3 days. PEW! At least it was contained and not in the vents.