Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever look at quilts on here and... >

Do you ever look at quilts on here and...

Do you ever look at quilts on here and...

Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM

I admire the beautiful hand quilting I have seen. I have arthritis and would never be able to hold a needle long, but there are other things that I see that I can do. I have learned so much on this board and have been so inspired to try things. I think that every "expert" probably has at least a few imperfect quilts that they made early on. Whats important was they learned and kept on going.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 AM

Yes sometimes I just want to quit. But then I remind myself that it is not a contest and there will always be someone better than me.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 AM

Sorry hit the button twice - see below well a new goal is learning to post correctly =-(
Old 07-16-2010, 03:26 AM

Hi I'm a newbie my first finished quilt was for my grandson in Dec 09 – I will post pictures once I learn how - and I thought WOW how wonderful I'm really good - then I found this web site - Man oh Man the beauty I saw has left me wondering if I can ever be 1/3 as good as some of these talented ladies or gentlemen. But I guess I am one of those people that will need to continue and make my goal to be better with every quilt I make – so don’t despair set small step goals and aspire to do better with each step - Do what I do I learn from these talented ladies/gentlemen on this site and stride for improvement with every stitch.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:27 AM

well it helps to know I'm not alone! I think a big part is is that I am pushing myself a lot with this quilt....designing it and doing things for the first time. It might be the first time I do them but I want them just so! lol! I took yesterday off from this quilt and didn't touch it. Instead I put binding on another one that is going to its new home next week. I feel ready to tackle the horse quilt again. And I know that regardless of how it looks dd will love it and think it is great. She saw a pic on FB of the ones that leave next week and told me I'm getting really good. I know I am still learning and figuring things out. I am impatient with myself though and I admit that. There are SO many quilts I want to make! Somedays they are just all bursting to come out it seems! I've also done nothing but machine work lately and I'm discovering that handwork is more soothing to me. Wednesday night I finally got to a point where I could do some outlining on one of the horses. He is a black horse and I needed to make his face show up. I put the piece in a hoop and sat down with it. It just felt SO good! At least part of this quilt is going to be handquilted!I think I'll do the clouds, barn and grass and machine quilt the borders....maybe.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:37 AM

Robin - that is why I don't join the exchanges as I don't think mine are as good. I love looking at pictures of quilts and I have a stack a mile high on "my next project". Ha
Dodee
Old 07-16-2010, 04:20 AM

the quilts on the board are amazing, i look at the beautiful colors and think, why can't i choose colors like that , maybe one day
Old 07-16-2010, 04:20 AM

Oh guys: I am so glad this thread is here! I look and drool over all the quilts that are shown, and think to myself, that I will NEVER post a picture of the quilts I have made (mostly rag quilts, cute but not mentally challenging). You are all so inspirational to me, but I have yet to take the plunge and try to work from a pattern. Thank you all for sharing your wonderful works of art, they are truly inspirational, and has been said before here, some deserve to be in galleries. If I was judging I would give winning ribbons to all. Bea
Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 AM

I just love the work I see here. I know I am fairly new at quilting with no classes. I look and learn and read how to's here online. I like the quilts that I make, but, don't think I will ever get as good as some I see here, but, I keep trying and learning as I go, and this is the best place to learn things.
Thank you to all my quilting friends here
Old 07-16-2010, 05:16 AM

I was complaining to my husband about points not lining up or some such thing and he told me
"Quilts are not suppose to be perfect. If thats what you want then just buy it at the store"

Not quite but I thought it was cute him trying to cheer me up