Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven? >

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

I have two daughters and they have already said they would not deal with stored stuff when the time comes. I know how they feel, I had to empty two great aunt homes when they died. Both saved about everything. I vowed never to store anything not used and my sewing room is the only room that has any items stored. My Featherweight goes to my only granddaugter along with my best notions. If she is older then she has the say so what is done with my sewing room contents. Other then that my guild can come pack everything and sell it.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 AM

I have a dil who doesn't sew but loves fabric, she will get most of mine. My girls are to busy with other things right now, they may change there minds but doubt I'll be here to see it. My sons just think it is junk, can't use it on race cars you know.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:47 AM

To my grand kids 3 out of 4 like to quilt
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 AM

Well, easy to answer, I can't take it with me so have spent the last month selling it to the quilting board members at great prices...just ask them.LOL. I did not want to leave it to chance. Now I just have my own projects to work on and feel better wtihout 1000's of yards laying around. I clean this weekend and set up my sewing room again. Wahooo. SO pass it on now,,,don't wait.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 AM

No one in my family sews (well, my niece a little bit) so all of my stuff will go to my favorite sewing store with instructions that the husband/wife owners are to find good homes for everything. :wink:
Old 07-31-2010, 11:32 AM

Mygirl66 I had friend that was from Flint.
She passed in April.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by McQuilter
One thing I told my husband is that I want a big basket at my funeral filled with fat quarters and other quilty things from my stash. As my quilting friends visit they are to take something away with them. He also knows to give it to some of my friends who do charity quilts. Right now I am trying to downsize by sharing what I have with people who need it.
Great idea!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Well, easy to answer, I can't take it with me so have spent the last month selling it to the quilting board members at great prices...just ask them.LOL. I did not want to leave it to chance. Now I just have my own projects to work on and feel better wtihout 1000's of yards laying around. I clean this weekend and set up my sewing room again. Wahooo. SO pass it on now,,,don't wait.
That's a good idea too! Why hang on to ALL of it while it can be dispersed now? My 2 daughters don't sew but I have some young ladies in mind.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM

My daughter sews, but is very busy with life, so has not done much in years, but my plan is that it all goes to her, and her daughters. She will share with my son's daughter. Plenty there for enveryone, every one can have a machine too!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
You have definitely given me something to think about. I have no kids, only one neice and she is not interested in quilting (at least not yet). Maybe I would leave my quilting things to a local school for their sewing classes. I think that would be a good idea and a way to do some good.
Schools still have sewing classes? Wow. I thought those went away about fifteen years ago.