Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
99% Sure.... >

99% Sure....

99% Sure....

Old 10-24-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
Originally Posted by farmer623
My cat eats my leather thimbles, and I have to hide them.
LOL My DOG eats my leather thimbles! He got away with 3 thimbles over the summer. I now keep them in a small glass jar with a twist on lid.
Hope they don't hurt him or make him sick.
Interesting avatar by the way. Is there a story to it??
Old 10-24-2010, 05:20 PM

One day I dropped my seam ripper on the floor at the shop where I work part time. I was in the middle of something and didn't pick it up right away. When I went to get it, it was nowhere in sight. We also have a delightful teacup poodle as a store mascot (Skeeter) After looking everywhere else checked her bed. Sure enought it was hidden under all her toys. Of course now we look there first if anything is missing.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:29 PM

When my DS was a baby our cat would pull all the pins out
of my pincushion and leave them on the floor for him to find. Tiger also thought he could catch the machine needle while I was sewing. I wasn't a quilter yet, not until 8 years
later when my DD was a baby.
I'm allergic to cats now and have 4 dogs, they don't steal my stuff. They all lay in my sewing room when I'm in there. They've all learned a valuable lesson, it hurts to stick one's nose in the treadle wheel when I'm sewing. The 2 small dogs have learned not to nap on the treadle pedal, it will throw you on the floor. :lol:
Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

:lol: One of my cats took off with my thimble! I have been missing it for weeks and had to buy another one. Well, my DGD found it on the floor in the kitchen yesterday! Hummm, I wonder where they squirrel things away at sometimes, because I don't find them when I clean! :(
Old 10-24-2010, 06:44 PM

my dog millie doesn't mess with my sewing or quilting. but, she eats any unattended socks or kleenexes.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:57 PM

Are you kidding? Rusty will grab anything he can get his mouth on in the quilt room. He loves to be with me in the room but I have to really watch where he puts his foot - he really likes to put it on the foot pedal which does NOT help my quilting at all!!! LOL. I have containers beside the pedal, under the desk, with a little tiny space for my foot pedal - but he somehow manages to end up on the pedal 9 times out of 10. Oh well, I love my helper - just have to be extra cognizant of where he is at all times!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:59 PM

Whoo! Sure glad I have an "outside" cat! Cinders is black with beautiful green eyes and I just find dead mice and moles on my porch! I have a hard enough time finding where I have left things! LOL!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:03 PM

Our pup would find straight pins and bring them to me in his mouth. He would lay them on my leg as I set at the machine sewing. Or wherever I was in the house. He did it for years.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Both my cat and my dog are thieves. No pen, pencil or plastic cup, pop can, stray piece of fabric, Lego, Nerf dart, etc, etc, is safe. The dog has a special liking for pencils. She eats the tip first. If I get it fast enough there is enough left to sharpen again and start over.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:17 PM

Well, they don't call them "paper schnauzers" for nothing. Hehe. I've got my second schnauzer and she is the same as the first one - not happy unless she has something forbidden in her mouth.!

Originally Posted by Mamagus
When Gus was a puppy ( he is now a nine year old grumpy mini schnauzer) I was hand quilting a baby quilt and lost my needle. Thought nothing of it until 3 days later when the poor little guy started straining and shivering.

He is a real garbage gobbler... last year he ate almost a full roll of paper towels because the first one on the roll smelled good. four cans of pumpkin later his bowels got unplugged!
Naughty Neeka, 6months old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102431[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102426.jpe