Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog is peeing on my bed! >

My dog is peeing on my bed!

My dog is peeing on my bed!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:41 AM

We have a high bed and a short pug. When she misbehaves, we often find a bit of extra attention helps---usually in the form of walks and treats. (Walks are also good for quilters!) Your story reminds me of our first puppy--a little beagle we bought for our first anniversary in 1968! We trained her to go on newspapers (she was only 4 weeks old, but mom had too big of a litter). Imagine our experience reading the Sunday morning funnies -- in bed!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
I don't know what is going on with him..is he mad at me or the husband? he is in perfect health...old, but he doesn't pee anywhere else. he can go in and out as he pleases.
this has been going on for a year ,on and off. maybe twice a week or so.
i need to buy a second mattress protector..i have to wait for the one to be washed and dried before i can make the bed again.
i am frustrated.
:thumbdown:
any help/ideas would be greatly appreciate..

oh and caging him will not help, he does it when i am home..!
and i do have another dog..she is a bully to him. she is younger.
i am taking off now to my quilt group..will be back to check later..
Did the urination start after you got the other dog? If it did your dog is upset with you, especially if the other dog is bullying her/him... you'll need to correct the other dog's behavior , and work on your first dog's jealousy .

WE went on vacation earlier this year, had my daughter stay at the house w/ our dog; my daughter doesn't 'dote' on pets like we do. Cali urinated on her shoes the second day.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:12 AM

Did the urination start after you got the other dog? If it did your dog is upset with you, especially if the other dog is bullying her/him... you'll need to correct the other dog's behavior , and work on your first dog's jealousy .

WE went on vacation earlier this year, had my daughter stay at the house w/ our dog; my daughter doesn't 'dote' on pets like we do. Cali urinated on her shoes the second day.
it is recent behavior.

If those that are having a hard time reading this and think it is just gross..if you scroll to the bottom of the messages, and click on the "unwatch",you won't get updates..then you won't be tempted to read. i am sorry some of you find this distasteful. i was looking for help and ideas on this problem. anyone with animals, has,had or will have eventually, urinations issues.

this subject, is in the right thread "general chit-chat, anything not quilting related.

The reason i love this board, is because we can discuss anything, in the proper subject heading..recipes,general chit chat, quilting etc...and it is moderated. so many loving and helpful people here!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

Kim, please dont be embarraced! When my bulldog was a puppy, she had a chronic bladder infection. I thought I would go insane cleaning up pee, but the vet said she couldnt help it, and I love her. She got over it....THANK GOODNESS!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 AM

thanks! lol

but i am not Embarrassed. far from it. just looking for help from others who have experienced this issue with thier dogs or cats..
i am on the right track i think. can't wait to try the doggie diapers! never used them before. and i got the gate out, i used for my 3 year old grandson,when i babysat. so most of the basis are covered..not all.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 AM

From your post, it sounds like it's the bullying that's making him do that. I'd talk to the vet to rule out kidney or bladder issues first, keep the bedroom door shut, praise him overwhelmingly when he pees outside - have a special treat ready. Dogs have a memory span of about two minutes, so he's not holding a grudge against you. I'd also address the bullying from the other dog - it's behaviour needs to change.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 AM

I love this idea! I am going to try it on my Yorkie. He never has been very good about using the puppy pad I put down for him and he is just now within the past week or so started hiking his leg on my dining room chairs and table. I am so mad at him and he is 3 years old and was neutered when he was very young. I am really frustrated with him. I hope he won't mind wearing the diapers. How long do you leave them on at a time cause we are gone from home from around 7am till around 5pm each day?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 AM

Oh don't worry about that. Those of us who have doggies/kitties as part of our family know that there are challenges to having them and we are all here for you!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:44 AM

My male dogs wear the diapers 24 x 7. I take them off when they go outside. You need to wash the dogs underside if they do wet the diaper, so they don't get diaper rash or infection. Plain water will work. My dogs are so used to wearing them they stand & wait for them to be put back on.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:44 AM

A friend of mine had that happen with her two dogs...she ask he vet is there something I can do or use... he suggested changing her laundry soap/softener because he said some of them have a scent only animals can smell and it triggers them to pee there. She did change her products she used and it worked...no more pee stains. Hope this suggestion helps.