Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • To sell or not >
  • To sell or not

• To sell or not

Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 AM

From another nurse: My mom skipped her meds and DIED! She was 63! Those beautiful pillows you have made aren't going to bring much comfort to your family when you are gone.
    Contact Astra-Zeneca and they will help you get your meds. They are the company the Montel Williams talks about and they helped my son out with thousands of $$$ worth of free meds for his severe heart condition.
    I thinking and praying for you--so go get those meds and take them! :thumbup:
    Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 AM

You must take your meds. I know when tough times come the first thing to go is the things that cost too much. You do need our meds and I think that your work of art is there to help you. Nothing is for nothing and I think that if you advertise your work, there will be takers. Not sure what the going rate is like for where you are but I know that in England, I attended a stitching show and some of them were being sold for more than £200! Depending on detailing. Best of luck!
    Old 12-04-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by PegD
    First of all you need to take your medicine, no matter what. And second, wouldn't you want someone to enjoy the beautiful work you do instead of it sitting in a closet? You can always take pictures of them to remind you. Some people that can't do the beautiful work you do, would pay lots of money to have them.
    This is also my advice.
    Old 12-04-2010, 02:49 PM

As quilters we are a very caring group and we are worried about you and your health. Sometimes on any given day life can be overwhelming and it's hard to decide what to do about a particular situation...by the next day things look much better. Plus the advice of others makes a lot of sense after thinking about it. Not taking medication is not an option. So what resources are in your community that could help? We have United Way, Family Services, Salvation Army, Office for the Aging etc. along with several private and public agencies that will help if asked but they have to know there is a need of an individual who is having difficulty paying for their medications. It can be difficult to reach out but the way I look at it is that my tax dollars over the years have paid for many of these services and now I need access one.

Please reconsider your options, contact a local agency in your community for assistance and start up your medications again. Blessings to you.
    Old 12-04-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by eiltcoq
    TN Donna, What are you saving your goodies for? If you post your pictures, here, we will buy from you. I'd like to see what you've made. Eiltcoq.
    I don't even have a camera or a cell phone. I just sew the stuff for having something to do. I am not keeping the stuff; I just sew it and throw it back. I get depressed because I stay home so much and I just stitch and sew when I am able to do it.. I can't stand up and I can barely walk and have to use a cane.
    Old 12-04-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by mar32428
    I talked to my cardiologist. My med was more than I could afford. He had me fill out a form. If you are below a certain yearly income, which I was, the company will give you the meds for free. I've been doing this for over a year and it has worked out very well.
    We are in the income level between getting help and not qualifying for anything. I have been turned down for my Social Securtiy 4 times because I have nt worked in 20 years and have no points built up; I am not elgible for SSI because my husband had to put his former 401 into an IRA when the company sold out; I am 55 years old and do not qualify for any form of help thru any program. I can't stand up long enough to cook a meal and yet I do not even qualify for a chair.
    Old 12-04-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by PegD
    First of all you need to take your medicine, no matter what. And second, wouldn't you want someone to enjoy the beautiful work you do instead of it sitting in a closet? You can always take pictures of them to remind you. Some people that can't do the beautiful work you do, would pay lots of money to have them.
    I totally agree with the above. What good are things doing stuffed away in closet. It will help you more if you sell these to someone who could enjoy them and gets losts of use out of them.
    Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 PM

There are enough of us in the medical field sounding the alarm that I will only say, please take seriously what has already been said. Not getting your meds is NOT the way to economize.
    If you can't put a price on your lovely items, perhaps post some photos here and let some of the board members help you by suggesting selling prices to ask.
    Just a thought, huggggggggggs, wildlinda
    Old 12-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
    Originally Posted by eiltcoq
    TN Donna, What are you saving your goodies for? If you post your pictures, here, we will buy from you. I'd like to see what you've made. Eiltcoq.
    I don't even have a camera or a cell phone. I just sew the stuff for having something to do. I am not keeping the stuff; I just sew it and throw it back. I get depressed because I stay home so much and I just stitch and sew when I am able to do it.. I can't stand up and I can barely walk and have to use a cane.
    Perhaps you can find a friend or neighbor or relative to take the photos for you, so you can post your work online and try to sell it. A request to the photography dept. at your local high school might be productive.
    Old 12-04-2010, 05:32 PM

I agree.....
    Originally Posted by Darlene
    Go on ebay and looks at what things are going for. That will give you an idea of what stuff could be priced for. You should be taking your meds no matter what.