Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good morning!  What is everyone working on today? >

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 AM

I'm working on getting rid of this nasty cold. We babysit 2 little grandchildren on two days and then the other two littles on another day. What one group of kids don't give us, the other two do. I think they tag team us with germs. I'm in the middle of a quilt kit called, "Rainy Days", a compilation of blues and green checkerboards and don't want to sneeze and cough all over the squares and my Janome. Sniffle, Sniffle, cough cough.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:18 AM

what is a string quilt?
Old 02-13-2011, 05:24 AM

Good morning! Mom and I are going to set up a little table she bought for our sewing room to put tea, coffee and whatever on. Will probably take me all day to get it together. It's real cute and has 4 chairs with it. It's hopefully the final thing to do for our new reorganized sewing room. Wish me luck.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
Originally Posted by Raggiemom
The sun is shining, we're finally going to have temperatures in the 30s and maybe in the 40s next week. :) Just thought I would see what everyone was hard at work on this beautiful day. I'm hoping to finish the two charity quilts I'm working on and play with the machine embroidery some.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Heather
Sounds like my day here, the sun is shining, the temperatures should be warming up. I plan to put the last blks on the twenty twenty quilt today. Also to play with my embrodiery machine, I want to make some nice dish towels for my friends birthday. I stayed up to late last nite and made 5 dog pillows for the humane society. I hope some little doggies will enjoy!
I'm sure they will...I should do more for the little animals....love em all
Old 02-13-2011, 05:26 AM

Will be washing clothes - my Sunday chore - and working on assembling a Broken Dishes scrappy quilt. After cleaning the kennels and getting the house in order. The temperatures SHOULD be going up and the snow SHOULD be beginning to melt off - giving a "taste" of what's right around the corner --- SPRING!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:29 AM

Right now I am working on my second cup of coffee!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:35 AM

I should get off the keyboard but I am still here. However, the day is going to be so great that I may build up the courage to pull out one of my UFO's and work on that. :roll:
Old 02-13-2011, 05:39 AM

It's not even 6 a.m. yet, the day is still mighty young, the 3 fur babies are entertaining each other and DH is still ZZZ-ing. I'm almost finished hand quilting some applique on my Mom's new quilt. I'll longarm the rest of the quilt later this week.
After I start some laundry I'm going 12 miles west to pick up some quilting fabric a sweet lady is donating for charity quilts. Then I'll drive 14 miles south to look at a large roll of fabric another lady says is 'more like quilt fabric than upholstery'... hmmm, we'll see. I'm hoping to get some weeding in this afternoon.
Tuesday I go 18 miles south to look at a barn-full of material the woman said is left over from her fabric shop when she closed it. She said, 'I'll give you a great deal, bring plenty of boxes!' But when I asked, she wouldn't tell me just how much she's wanting for it. She offered a bunch of patterns for free to sweeten the deal, but they're for clothing, NOT quilts.
I have two friendship groups and two guilds with strong philanthropic goals to share it all with. Good thing, 'cause my stash has already spread out from the third bedroom into the family room. I can hardly reach the sliding door any more! Good thing I seldom use it...
Old 02-13-2011, 05:40 AM

Been sewing some pinwheels together. After church I need to do some laundry since I kept our two grandchildren yesterday. I'm hoping to work some more on my pinwheels this afternoon. It's been nice here and it's hard staying in the house. I'm more than ready for spring!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by lizzy
I should get off the keyboard but I am still here. However, the day is going to be so great that I may build up the courage to pull out one of my UFO's and work on that. :roll:
LIZZY - that's what I was going to say "get off this computer"

Ok - I'm going now (I've been here over an hour) - coffee's gone too.

Have an awesome day