Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 01-16-2023, 07:52 PM

I can relate to all you slow pokes!!! I finally got the 1st border on my 1/2 size quilt. This is the first time I have made a smaller size. I made 1/2 the clues, but found myself adding one more block for a nine block quilt. In the 1st border, I had to cut some more orange triangles. In putting together the second border, I had to make six more Clue 2 units for each side. I am not in a rush, as I said in a post a while ago, I like to work on it a little every day! Still enjoying myself!
Old 01-16-2023, 08:00 PM

Was just reminiscing - do any of you remember the Mystery Quilt Train Rides that we did here on the Board? The 1st one was in 1912! That was so much fun as they were small projects (for the most part). I did a lot of them! I have a list and instructions for 19 different projects (I did not do all of them)!

I do not remember who lead them, but she was sure one talented person!

Old 01-16-2023, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Was just reminiscing - do any of you remember the Mystery Quilt Train Rides that we did here on the Board? The 1st one was in 1912! That was so much fun as they were small projects (for the most part). I did a lot of them! I have a list and instructions for 19 different projects (I did not do all of them)!

Yes and would love to do more
Old 01-18-2023, 05:58 AM

wow. 1912? Bonnie's mysteries are the only 'other people's projects' that I do, I have too many ideas of my own.
I'm just up and feeling better after a medical procedure, but excited to get to the sewing room again.
I hope I'll have a progress photo today!
Old 01-18-2023, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post

it was paintmejudy I think, and I did a few of them.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
wow. 1912? Bonnie's mysteries are the only 'other people's projects' that I do, I have too many ideas of my own.
I'm just up and feeling better after a medical procedure, but excited to get to the sewing room again.
I hope I'll have a progress photo today!
OMG Kalama - that is too funny (lol)! Of course I meant 2012!!! My parents were not even born in 1912!!!!

Looking forward to see your progress. I am still putting the final border together, had to make more Clue 2 blocks!

Old 01-18-2023, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
it was paintmejudy I think, and I did a few of them.
Yes, that is who it was! Thank you.
Old 01-18-2023, 04:35 PM

I goofed (I know that when I don't understand part of the directions, I should stop and figure it out). I incorporated the cornerstones into the vertical sashing pieces, so they will all have to be pressed away from the block along with the sashing. I guess it won't make a huge difference to the casual observer.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:28 AM

joe's, if that is the only mistake you made, you are the Queen

re: mystery train, could it serve to look up the threads and just start at the beginning, was it a pattern with a beginning and end?
I was on a forum once where a trade train occured for 24 hours, you put up what you had to trade and when your ticket was called you picked what someone else put up...so you had to stay alert for 24 hours! Shipping costs put and end to that fun though.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:52 AM

Third attempt to post photo. Sorry if it appears 3 times. Here is my Chilloween. The only Halloween quilt I have ever made. I will be making this pattern again in yardage. There are so many beautiful variations.
Attached Thumbnails chilloween.jpg