Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 01-19-2023, 07:46 PM

petthefabric - Kalama was asking how paintmejudy did the Mystery Quilt Train Ride. I was just explaining how it had been done, and how much I enjoyed doing them.

Kalama - Just love your blocks! Wow!!!

Toverly - That quilt is amazing! We have such talented quilters here!
Old 01-19-2023, 08:18 PM

Kalama…beautiful twist on the pattern. You are making good use of the kit fabric…larger pieces in the sashing really show off how pretty your fabrics are. Well done!

I need to finish the backing on BH quilt and get it to the LA’er….I got distracted but it moves to my top project for tomorrow and drop off for Saturday.
Old 01-20-2023, 05:29 AM

Thank y'all, I am attempting to quilt it today. If I ever lose momentum on a Bonnie Hunter, it sits in my UFO pile for a long time.

Kalama, I love your quilt and colors! It's so amazing how many different layouts can be achieved with this quilt.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:20 AM

Toverly, your quilt is beautiful! I saw it on Facebook, I think, and I was telling a friend how beautiful the black and lime green was. Kalama, yours is so pretty in pink and green. I worked yesterday on the last border - 2 sides are already sewed on. Everything I did was wrong! I quit after a couple of frustrating hours, went downstairs, made some coffee and knitted while watching British murder mysteries!
I will start (and hopefully finish!!) again today.
Old 01-21-2023, 05:24 AM

Thanks QuiltBaer. I had trouble with my last borders also. I had to remove two sides. Stay stitched both sides before I attempted to resew. It was like a miracle. For some reason it fit. I have a little wave but not much. Give it a try, hope it works for you too.
Old 01-22-2023, 06:34 AM

I finished my challenge quilt yesterday. I put the last stitch in at 6:02pm. I'm very glad that I worked on this and continued on until it was finished. First Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt I have done.
Old 01-22-2023, 06:35 AM

I'm starting on playing with borders today! I did the 3X5 setting, wondering about all the orphan blocks for the others who did that would make an interesting quilt if we could gather them up. I'm using my BitCoin for the back so won't use it there.

So many beautiful and alternative finishes on Bonnies FB (I'm not a member, just appreciate the eye candy) This is surely the most completed mystery quilts for all the years

Celebrating the Year Of The Rabbit with one of my collages.I made the whole series last January.
Attached Thumbnails 010522-year-water-rabbit-1951-2023.jpg  
Old 01-22-2023, 02:03 PM

So glad to see that so many of you are continuing to work towards a finish on this Mystery. I just finished Clue 4 and will continue working on Clue 5 this week.
Old 01-22-2023, 04:10 PM

I had a very lazy today and yesterday. I hope to get back in gear tomorrow.

That's an enchanting collage, KalamaQ!
Old 01-23-2023, 03:42 PM

I finished the backing, prepped the batting and top….and my Chilhowie is officially at the LA’er. I used all the leftover yardage of the orange floral and teal…plus some yellow yardage I used in the scrappy yellow sections. Every inch of the yardage is gone except a narrow strip of teal. Once I trim the quilt, I’ll see if I have enough teal scraps for binding. I’m feeling over joyed in using up this 5 year old yardage. Woohoo! My quilter is super quick so should have back in a couple of day…will be sure to share..