Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 01-25-2023, 02:01 PM

Kalama - your quilt turned out beautiful! How fun to see all the different finishes!
Old 01-25-2023, 02:05 PM

KalamaQuilts, your quilt is beautiful. I love how you made it your own in color and design. 😀
Old 01-25-2023, 03:12 PM

Lovely finish, Kalama…congrats!!
Old 01-25-2023, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I just looked at my progress on this mystery. I do not have a single part completed. On part 1, I miss calculated on the number of 9-patches needed and I need to iron the strips to make 12 more blocks. On step 2, I’m 1/4 way done. On part 3, I’m 1/2 way done and haven’t started on parts 4-7. I’m using the puppy excuse. He’s 6 months old and a ball full of energy. He’s like a five year old. Today I plan to finish sewing part 1 & 2. Thursday complete. part 3 and Friday complete part 4. Then over the weekend and going into next week put the top together. I like the colors and just want to get it finished before the end of Next week.

I’m enjoying seeing all of the beautiful completed and mostly completed quilts.
If your quilt is not ready to share…would love to see a picture of your puppy munchkin…😊
Old 01-25-2023, 03:34 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Me too! Only thing I like more than seeing quilts is seeing puppies!
Old 01-25-2023, 05:48 PM

Kalama: Your quilt is fabulous. Love the design choices you made.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:59 PM

Oh, Kalama, it's just lovely!

Leslie
Old 01-26-2023, 07:07 AM

The finishes have been beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I've started the borders and hope to finish by next week - maybe sooner depending on what all is going on around here this weekend. Seems like I have had little time to sew since Christmas. Cold weather setting in next week so maybe....

I, too, am in the camp that this is one of Bonnie's easier Mysteries mainly because most of the clues can be finished in a day or two (if you had the time), there were little seam matching, there were fewer pieces all around, and there appeared to be a lot of time spent waiting for the next clue. For others, I know it took (takes) more time to complete a clue - we all sew differently in terms of amount of time to sew, skill level, and other life obligations preventing us getting to our machines; and still others wanted to see the reveal before starting. As a result of that and the early block assembly, we are seeing more finishes for sure and we're seeing more creativity in changing the parts of the mystery we didn't quite like as well.

Whether it's actually been an easier Mystery or not, it's been fun to sew along with all of you. The Mystery is certainly a fun and well-thought-out design. Bonnie is amazing and generous.

Last edited by Stitches23; 01-26-2023 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:12 AM

Beautiful finish, Kalama!

On this being an easier mystery, I think the trend has been toward kinder, gentler for several years now. I think part of it is that Bonnie no longer has to wrap it up on New Year's Day, since she stopped scheduling a major trip at the start of the year. She can now ease into the reveal rather than dumping a huge final clue. The other big deal for me this year is that the quilt goes together easily, as compared to the struggles I remember having in the past, as with En Provence and Ringo Lake. I haven't had much pounding of seams this year.

I'm not making it into the sewing room much these days, so still crawling along towards a finish.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:28 PM

Beautiful Kalama! Love your colors. I think Rhododendron Trail ruined me for large quilts. Bed sizes bigger than twins are just too much for me.