Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-09-2012, 04:26 PM

Just checked my delivery confirmation and my SP should have received her package today! I hope she likes it! TO MY SP WHO OF COURSE I DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE I will be out of the state from 8/20-8/25 however should your package arrive here I have someone housesitting for me...so if you do not hear from me during that time its because I'm on vacation for a few days but I will definitely pm you once received, and to you too Lori!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:30 PM

Just got back from the post office and mailed my two packages ... here are some hints ... both are going SE of me. One will take 18 hrs to get there as it is around 1840 km and the other will take about 36 hrs as it is around 3600 km. Expect delays on your way for one of them as there is major road construction. Also, one place is know for "Kirby's Mill" and the other place is known for the birthplace of the ice cream sandwich. Anyhow ... your packages should be there by next Friday.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM

My second package is going to a place where you can buy yak meat straight from the farm.

It is almost directly west of me and the city is big on trees.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM

to my sp sender, i am still moving, the moving van will be here saturday for the finale. after that i get settled and try to get back up and running. i say all this to say this, if you have sent to me and your confirmation shows my package has arrived, i will not make it to the post office until sometime next week. so if you haven't heard from me this is why but i will get back to you.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Sent out a package today. My SP lives in a zoo. She and I both have the same least favorite candy and have the same kind of sewing machine. She is west of me and it sounds like we like tthe same things. Watch for your package on Saturday or Monday. Hope you like it.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 PM

Boy it has been abusy couple of weeks, for everyone, it seems. K, i hate to confess, i was in joannes today and forgot to look for the fabric, but am going that way again on monday. Will try to look. On the same line of thinking, several years ago my dd was to get married. I was to make the bridesmaids dresses. 7 of them, i think. They were all different pastel satin with mother of pearl overlay. I bought. A full bolt plus yardage of the overlay. It is in various stages of construction in bags. Whew!!! Long story!! Anyway, is this anything you could use for your veils? Moving and need to downsize! Pm me if u think you might want it. I will see for sure how much there is.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:45 PM

OH OH I have two pets, well I have three but that means I have two also the package MUST be for me. ALSO .. I saw that post about Yak meat, uh who eats YAK meat? I didn't even know it was sold. Tried all sorts of 'exotic' meat but never Yak. who here has tried it? buy it at your local walmart? yipes. Yaks. Learn something every day.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:59 PM

I saw a couple of people who said they mailed but forgot to send me a pm......is it you?????
Old 08-09-2012, 06:01 PM

My box,went out to day and going to a state thats known for a BIG BALL,and famous for a big time news paper,and lots of cabs should be there sat, for sure mon.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
hmmmmmmm, could it be Texas??
well iam from texas,live in ky now ,but it sure does look like bluebonnts,too me and i know that s a rattler for sure,