"Weigh In"

Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by jwwskis
I had not been getting these messages for a few days, so decided I had better get back into it. At my Weight Watchers meeting last Thursday I had lost 2.6lbs. This was a great surprise because the Thursday before (when I had only lost .2lbs) I had driven to Minneapolis to visit my two daughters for five nights and did not eat the best (but not the worst either) while there. What must have saved me was that I had exercised everyday I was there, and I hate to exercise. Now I know that I can't talk myself out of it even when I stay on track food wise.
Awesome! You are doing great! Glad you checked in. :-)
Old 02-15-2010, 01:37 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by trupeach
yipeeeeeeeeeeee..........2 lbs for me.
YOU GO GIRL! What a great start! Are you doing the WW points too?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
I fell short on the treadmilling last week but I lost 4 pounds. Best week yet for me.
That is AMAZING!!! You are moving right along! I think we are going to have some good numbers for February. Keep it up. We are all pulling for you. :-)
Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
For some reason I haven't been getting the notices when someone writes on this wall; thought maybe everyone had given up trying to lose weight. I shoulda known better!

Way to go on the 2 lbs trupeach!! Purplemem: are you ok after your fall? What is CHF? Is that a cholesterol reading? Hang in there, heal up those bruises and remember even moving a little more is a victory, no matter what the scales say.

Karla's supper pictures are making me hungry and it is not time for supper yet; man they look good. Someone posted a shrimp scampi recipe on this forum and it inspired me, so I made it last night. I would have taken a pic but, I was really hungry. :D It was good!
LOL!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
If I make any progress I'll report in but right now I'm stuck!! I guess I've hit a plateau but I'll keep trying. I wish I liked whole grains-white bread, pasta, and rice are my biggest problems (no my butt is my biggest problem LOL).
Thanks for the encouragement and good luck everyone!!
JanRN, I checked the WW food list and a cup of pasta, any kind, is only 3 points, so you don't have to eliminate it, just measure. I think 2 cups of pasta for a meal might be more than we expect. Also, I have tried the whole wheat and like it too. You could even do a cup of each, thereby getting more fiber, and enjoying your favorite food too. I just pulled out my rice cooker so I will have something I can grab quickly that won't do in my plan. I plan to measure, and I'm thinking serving size in ZipLock bags too. You are doing so well. Those plateaus will find all of us, but don't give up. Success is just around the corner. :-)
Old 02-15-2010, 02:03 PM

BrendaB: you are so right about the whole wheat pasta. Also if you have Jenny O turkey products available, they have an Italian turkey sausage that we use to make our spaghetti sauce. It is so good. To a jar of spaghetti sauce (pick your favorite), we add diced tomatoes (0 pts.) mushrooms (0 pts). So the only points you have is the spaghetti sauce 2 pts 1/2 C serving, and the pasta about 3 pts per 1 c serving.

You see, once you figure out the point values of foods, it isn't too tough to come up with a variety of very good meals. Like that soup supper that Karla made. Wonderful, I just loved how that looked, and it is so healthy, and you could probably eat quite a bit of it and not get bored.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by trupeach
yipeeeeeeeeeeee..........2 lbs for me.
YOU GO GIRL! What a great start! Are you doing the WW points too?

I didn't know this thread existed and only spotted it few days ago however I knew I had to lose weight and I started my diet last Monday so I am behind everyone else.

No.......I am not doing WW points, I don't even know how they work I just do my own thing. From my training in culinary arts I should know how to eat but the last 8 months have been stressful and instead of eating healthy I would have a 1/2 loaf of bread and a stick of butter for dinner, needless so say I packed on the pounds. I knew I was gaining weight in Aug and had planned on starting a diet then but that never happened so from then until now I was still eating unhealthy and the pounds kept piling on. I think to myself how stupid I could be to eat the way I was, it is easy to gain it is so very hard to lose. The weight didn't appear overnight and I don't expect it to disappear overnight but if I loss the amount every month that I gained every month in 8 months I will be back to being the weight I feel the best at. If it takes me a little longer that is OK I know I could do this, look at all the people in the same boat as me, we are all in this together and we are all cheering each other on. ;-) ;-) ;-)
Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Trupeach, you would have had to be superhuman to eat differently over the last 8 months. You did what you needed to do at the time, which is exactly what you should have done. Now, you are at a place where you are doing what you need to do, which is commendable. You didn't get time to plan for what happened. You and Joyce were thrown into a situation that would cause even the most disciplined to eat, drink, and/or curse. You are a very strong, amazing lady. :-)
Old 02-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Well got on the scale today and lost 1.6 lbs. for a total of 14.2 lbs since 1/2/10. Wished it was 2 but I will take any loss that I can get. Congrats to everyone!! We are doing really good and are helping each other out. I love it!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

Day off work after working 6 straight. Binged a bit today so I'm not looking forward to the scale in the morning. Then my DH (who is also dieting) brought home a loaf of home made sour dough bread that a co-worker makes! Boy was that slice good warmed up with the home made apple butter that another friend of ours had made.

I will get back on track in the morning.