Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-30-2010, 12:44 PM

glad you finally got your swap pkg! This to dotty!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Send an email to the hostess. Be patient. I hope you are not disappointed.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:14 PM

I pm'd my secret pal and let her know it is on the way via priority mail. Sometimes "life" gets in the way. I put alittle something extra in it for her. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. Happy quilting.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

some times life happens around here and i can not even turn on my computer for a week or more...it sure is distressing to know that some people suddenly think you are a horrible rude person because you have not sent thank you's out, when life is kicking you in the teeth and you don't even know they only sent the package to be able to read their own kudo's.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:01 PM

I think that everyone realizes that stuff happens and we aren't able to log on for a while, etc....I think that what is getting people upset, is that they see the person they sent a package or swap to, posting on the board in other places and to other links, but they haven't let them know thier swap arrived. In that case, it is kind of insensitive to be posting all over the board but you can't let a person know you received their package. IMHO :)
Old 08-30-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
some times life happens around here and i can not even turn on my computer for a week or more...it sure is distressing to know that some people suddenly think you are a horrible rude person because you have not sent thank you's out, when life is kicking you in the teeth and you don't even know they only sent the package to be able to read their own kudo's.
I would hope that nobody honestly sends out goodies just to get kudos. (It is fun to find out what the receiver thought of the items sent because often a lot of thought has gone into what goes in the envelope! That is as much a joy as getting goodies in the mail from someone else.)

I think we all worry that our packages didn't arrive safe and sound. Too many times, packages DON'T make it to the correct destination, so by getting a "Thank You" takes the worry away.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:15 PM

I am feeling bad for our swap hostess. I am sure she is getting a bunch of PMs about this swap. This is supposed to be a fun swap, but with so many not getting their packages and/or not knowing if their package has been received by the recipient or acknowledged, it does detract from the swap.

I think it is really nice when I get a PM letting me know that my SP has sent off a package to me. I let me SP know that mine was on the way last week. I mailed it on Wednesday... priority... so by today, it definitely should have arrived. I did do delivery confirmation, but I would have to find my receipt. I just don't want to be marked down as someone who didn't send!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:18 PM

I recieved a wonderful package today! Beautiful fabric, hand needles (which I can never find when I need one) a wall hanging pattern (planning on making for DD's new home) and a seam ripper--another thing I can never seem to locate when needed. My Secret Pal had me pegged. Thank you Montanablu.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:19 PM

My package arrived! Thanks TolePainter54! I was just talking to ConnieQuilts recently about wanting to get a bobbin ring and look there...there was one in the package. I love the colors in the fabrics and those templates look interesting! In other words, I love it all.

The bobbin ring wouldn't fit in the picture. This was taken with the cell phone (my regular phone is packed for vacation).

Thank you so much.

HUGS
Attached Thumbnails attachment-107812.jpe  
Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 PM

You are very welcome -Hope you have a nice vacation

Tolepainter54 - aka Cheryl