Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed  Update Page 62 >

February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

Old 02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Have ya all noticed our candy we recieve in our squishies is either opened or can't be in the shot because we ate it already.lol.Well I finally got out to the post office and sent my secret pal her box of surprises today. It went to WA.you should have it by friday. I sent it priority and delivery whatcha call it. Gees I'm tired.Hope this makes sense. Mary
Mine wasn't opened! I waited til I took the picture. LOL!!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM

Mine wasn't opened either but it is now!! :)
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 PM

One of my peppermint patties may have been missing! ; )
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

My package went in the mail today. Went down south from me.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
trisha -- interesting avatar. Would love to see whole picture of quilt.
Thanks, the pattern is called Bouliabaise. will tryn and get a better pic, the original was done all in scrappy fabrics
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM

SP, I just wanted to say thank you! I have had a lot of fun this month, searching for things I think you will like. I had seen some things at Goodwill a few weeks prior that I thought were nice but not anything I "needed" and then I realized when I read about you that they would be perfect for you. I went back not expecting them to still be there... and they were! You know that treasure hunting feeling you get, when you find the bargain you were looking for? That was fun, and I found a great sheet to be the lining for my son's new curtains on that same day.

Then I found a little something on Ebay and won it for both of us, since we share some common likes. By splitting it in half I was able to keep under the dollar amount.

I tried something new and while it didn't turn out perfect, I know I will keep at it and make lots of fun stuff for myself in the future! I put some of the left overs from the trials in your box(es)... color with permanent marker or colored pencil and bake at 320 deg for one to three minutes on a piece of brown paper bag.

I found the loveliest fabric at Connecting threads, perfect for a cute little needle book for you and giving me the remainder to play with.

Then there were some books that I had gotten at the thrift and liked to look through but didn't need as references... I hope you enjoy thumbing through them and feel free to pass them on when the enjoyment is done!

I learned a bit about hand embroidery... mainly that loosewoven fabric shreds when you try to stitch the edges... which led to trying something new with pincushions and I will have to make one of my own, I'm that happy with the result.

You said that you like scraps so I've sent a few your way, which enabled me to not have to scratch my head wondering what exactly I am going to do with those bits of fabric, phew!

We have never really spoken, and you are a hard one to cyberstalk, but I love a lot of your likes and have had such a fun time, Thank You SP for being the inspiration to quite a few learning experiences and fun bargain bagging!

And now I have a smile on my face because I know you will be happy when you open up your surprise and that makes me really happy!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 AM

I think you have the right idea Kelly! My book club often has a buy one get one free sale and last month I picked out a book for me and another one that I sent to my secret pal, but I love just as much to thumb through old hand me down books and magazines! And flea market treasures are ONE OF A KIND!! (as are homemade goodies!!)

This is a good reminder to write LOTS in your swap sign up sheet and also your forum profile! You can change the profile as often as you want to let others know what you are looking for at the moment... OR your favorite magazines, or books you may be looking for, etc! As soon as I get my name for the month, I go into cyberstalker mode (or "creeper" as the kids call it!!) and find out as much as I can about my new pal! And I do put in a note explaining WHY I chose what I did, just incase I goof, at least they will know what i WAS thinking and WHY anyway! haha! I can't wait to start for March! Wish it was time to give out names NOW!!!

Btw...did you know that was me that commented on your Flickr? Not sure if I ever told you that!!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 AM

Yes someone in Tennessee is going to get her pkg soon--hope she likes it as well as I enjoyed putting it together..bought stuff along the way on my trip home from az via Nd to get home to MT.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 PM

Just checking to see if my SP got hers today.....don't have the conf. # with me at work. :) Hope all I sent her was ok.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:56 PM

After noon swappers. We still have one more person that hasn't received their January package (I've taken care of that one). I will give everyone to the 26th of this month to have received their packages. After that date, negative feedback will be given, no exceptions, sorry.

I know people wish we had a shorter sign up date but the longer date helps me know who is a slacker and whos not. Those people will be removed from the March list.

Everyone's packages are great and for those of us still waiting just makes ours that much sweeter.

I had to order some guinea chicks this morning after driving all over Corsicana to find some. I can find baby chicks and ducks but no guineas. Been potting my container veggies and will be putting up a small greenhouse this weekend. I'm trying to get us a lot closer to self sufficiency. And for the cherry on top, my belt for my treadle machine came today. I still want to be able to sew if we lose our power.

Hugs to all!
Suzanne