Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-01-2014, 10:27 AM

Getting ready to put the binding on....and then I will be ready to package it up. ������... My husband likes it....
Old 11-01-2014, 04:19 PM

I agree that we can be so critical of our own work -- but sometimes ( but not always I find that if I don't like it or don't feel it is good enough, if I wait and look at it again a day or two later, somehow it has miraculously gotten prettier. Sort of like when I cook food, I don't like it right after I cook it - but boy, after it sits a day, it is much better!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:44 PM

I'm always my worst critic. I see all these magnificent pieces of work on the board, and I know I'll never get that good, but in the end I know it will be appreciated. Most of my quilts go to kids, or to someone who doesn't sew, so maybe that helps. ( they don't see the mistakes, LOL. ) I really try to do my best, and that's all i can do. As far as color ways I try not to go out the box, I keep it simple. Really enjoying scrappies right now cause they don't have to match and when all put together, they make a beautiful piece.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:58 PM

Gees am I behind everyone. I haven't even started my mug rug, had too many projects for swaps that needed to get done so I can mail by Monday. I should have gone to the PO today but slept too late to get there in time so Monday will do. I haven't even figured out what I'm going to do but tomorrow I will put all my brain cells to work and get going on it. I can't wait to see what everyone is making, these things are so much fun.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:53 PM

I think I'm ready to mail also!! Just have to address and wait For the go ! Now on to binding a king, two full, lap quilts that are Christmas gifts. I still have to quilt a rather large wall quilt that goes with one of the full quilts but it should be a easy one...no elaborate quilting comes off my machine! Wish I could!
Old 11-01-2014, 06:18 PM

I think most of us do this for the joy of creating and giving...getting something yourself is just a bonus. I am so thrilled just getting something in the mail. :-) .....but then again I am easily excited...
Old 11-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
I think most of us do this for the joy of creating and giving...getting something yourself is just a bonus. I am so thrilled just getting something in the mail. :-) .....but then again I am easily excited...
I'm the same way Difergie, I love the sewing part. I have the long arm machine but it depends on the day if I can actually get the quilt on the machine to do it. Think I have about 7 hanging and ready to quilt but not getting there very fast. My partner wanted Xmas for sure so I sent early....maybe I'll make more and send to surprise....you just never know
Old 11-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Not to be Mrs. Gloom and Doom here but I thought the rules said to mail around Dec. 1 and NO ONE is to open their package until Dec. 15th. Part of the fun of the swaps is the anticipation and talking and sneak peeks so I think we should go by what Le Brat set as the way this one is run. I for one, am thankful that the mailing date is so late (and one reason I joined in) because I need all that time to get mine made. Hope I don't offend anyone with this....just trying to play by the rules....Edited...2 min. later...Oops apologies...I see that we MUST mail BY Dec. 1st but still are not to open until Dec. 15. So those of you who already mailed...your swap partners are going to have to agonize over the unopened package for several weeks. :-)

Last edited by SandyinZ4; 11-01-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:18 AM

I have no problems waiting to mail till the end of the month. The MR's are ready, but I haven't gotten to the goodies yet. One of my goodies will be something edible, so I don' t want to do that till last minute. Hope all had a wonderful weekend. We received some cold weather this weekend, and even though it's nice, I really don't like anything below 50, just can't seem to warm up my feet and hands enough.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Granny, it was 55* in the house this am. dh turned the heat on, so now it's 62*.
just turned it off.
I'm all packed, but I;m waiting to ship. I feel our hostess put a lot of though
and time into this swap for a reason, so i'll abide to those rules.