Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-27-2014, 02:32 PM

how sad you have to stalk your partner! post ladies post! its not that hard truly. a simple hey how you doing is lovely. then we know your alive! worse yet the ones who don't go online or post anything. I didn't get one hey I am alive this weekend except from people who post all the time. If you post all the time don't need to write me I know your alive and well! I am scared of those who are not posting. please send me a note on your partners name and their not posting and I will see what I can find out. if they are not willing to write me back within one week will reassign people to those who also are in the same spot. its NOT fair. period.

now happy news. left overs no need to cook. that is my happy spot right now. very tired. My husband has eaten half the turnovers and one cup of filo and apples. he will kill it all by tomorrow. I know him! no need to worry about my rear getting bigger. and worst thing? he never shows the weight gain. how unfair is that?
Old 10-27-2014, 02:35 PM

I had a lovely weekend making more gifts! I have a large list of folks that I give gifts too, and of course some of the fruits of those labors will end up in my SS box!! I have such a huge fabric stash, and what I'm working on now only takes small pieces, so it's perfect for using up some of my scraps. I must say that just about everything I am putting in my SS's box is stuff I have stashed for this purpose, and also made for the swap.
Anyway, starting to feel the pressure as the holidays approach. I have yet to make some gifts for my mom and my one sister that I exchange with. So I'm keeping busy at the sewing machine and staying out of trouble (it's also a relief that I'm not out spending money on more fabric too!)
Old 10-27-2014, 03:04 PM

There is no money for gifts so to speak here. So I make jams, candied nuts and snack pretzel sticks with parm and send those to the kids. The rest get cards. Its the best I can do. To me the holiday is not about presents so much about the season. I can say that now that the kids are grown and understanding. We trade good wishes and I send a few snacks that can be enjoyed. still have to make pepper jelly and that will be a big hit.

I love my sewing machine. its simple it works and it provides me with an outlet for creative energy plus takes my mind of life a double win I say! I just went to pinterest. There is the most wonderful pile of things you can make under the search MUG RUGS wow. I want to make this one and that one and a few of these. the eye candy is amazing and has no calories! check it out you will love the 1001 ideas that they have. Take those and expound on them... some are so simple some are very difficult. I want a ton of them! lol..
Old 10-27-2014, 03:17 PM

I had a nice relaxing weekend at the beach. No computer...no phones. Now it's back to reality. I'm going to Ohio for a week at Thanksgiving to spend time with family. I get to see my grandkids! But, I have so many things that I need to do before I leave. Some things I have to take with me. I will definitely be busy from now until Nov. 25.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
I've had my 2 mug rugs ready to do the quilting part for a while now.. but I'm stumped as to how to quilt them!
I do a lot of applique (quit rolling your eyes Brat...) and I always seem to fret over the actual quilting part.

I think I've figured out I'm a "piecer/appliquer" way more than I am a "quilter-er"..

Kif
I agree with you, Kif. I am finding out I am more of a piecer or piecer +embroidery than I am a fm quilter. Luckily, my embroidery can act as quilting. BUT I REALLY NEED TO WORK ON MY BINDINGS!

Rennie
Old 10-27-2014, 03:40 PM

I worked on my partners mug rug today...it's cute, I like it....sure hope she does too!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Brat, I know what you, but it's the opposite here. I make I eat and dh never gains a pound.
I love sweets, so delish!!! What would life be without great things like donuts, candy and cookies.
My dh will not gain a pound when I eat a hlf dozen donuts, or eat a box of cookies. I want/need some now.
now....off to recipes to see if I can find something yummy to make. MMmnn maybe shortbread cookies!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:54 PM

I had a wonderful weekend with my dear Hubby,we went to Cotter Arkansas to do some trout fishing had a great time.
Although last night I payed for it with my Fibro.
But today I got my 3 ornaments done for my partners and got their boxes ready to go out just have to pick up some Christmas cards tomorrow.
Now I can get busy making mug rugs, I'm making one for my secret Santa too.
Love Pinterest get the best ideas from there!
Old 10-27-2014, 04:42 PM

Yes, Pinterest is great! You can find just about anything on that site. I have also tried loads of their recipes and they are always yummy...every single one of them. Even the cauliflower crust pizza! My dh didn't know it that it wasn't bread dough. Fooled him! ha but he loved it and wants me to make it more often.
I am done with everything and hoping to mail by the weekend. Unless we should wait a little longer, then I will.
Thanks, Toni
Old 10-27-2014, 05:11 PM

My SP and I both like cats. I love coffee.