Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-27-2014, 05:17 PM

MizMelly...Ooooh...I sure hope you have my name. What surprises you are sending sound wonderful. I love anything made out of scraps. And even if I am not your SP, I will enjoy seeing what you do send to whoever it may turn out to be. DH and I went to a Mystery Dinner Theater on Friday night for the first time. The local small theater group puts this on every year. You get dinner (at the nice restaurant that hosts the event) and the show and then have to figure out 'Who Done it"! I handed in my sheet with 'No Idea' at top and for the 3 clues ...I just put a question mark on each one. Alas...I didn't realize they gave out prizes. :-( Guess what!!! They called me up and awarded me a prize of a "Clue' game so that I would never again be 'Clueless!" It was fun though. I am getting lots of good ideas for more MR's so hopefully my SP will get a nice one. I am sure glad that Brat gave us lots of time to do these. My only hint is that my SP has posted in the past week.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:48 PM

We had a lovely weekend visiting friends. Had dinner, sat by a bonfire and had lots of fun visiting. The work week didn't start out to well. My 17 year old cat, Blue had a stroke and I had to have her put to sleep. Rough day.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:53 PM

Terriamn, so sorry for your loss. 17 years is a good long life, but that doesn't make the hurt in your heart feel better, does it. Big Hugs to you. Deb in NM
Old 10-27-2014, 06:14 PM

Terriamn, I am so sorry. I've been in your shoes many times and it doesn't get any easier. My 2 cats are both 12 years old so hopefully I will have them for quite a few more years. Right now I would be lost without them!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:20 PM

Unexpected trip to lay DH's father to rest. Won't be home for several days, but he lived a good life and wasn't able to see, hear or walk, so it's a blessing and he's in a much better state now. We'll miss him though.

I have finished two mug rugs so far and am thinking about what fun goodies to add to my SP's package. I love to make stuff, but my actual cost will be minimal (not counting labor) so I can't get into trouble with Brat!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:21 PM

TerriAnn,
Sorry about your loss. We went through the same thing a couple of months ago. It is so hard. My prayers are with you.

Just thought I better check in. We have been on vacation in southern Ohio for a week and the cabin doesn't have Internet. A few years ago we couldn't even get a cell phone signal there. That is no longer true but no Internet yet.
We had a great time. The leaves were pretty and the quietness wonderful.
Hope to get my mug rug started this week. Today I spent doing laundry and cutting the grass. It was too beautiful to stay in the house. Especially when you know that these beautiful sunny days are numbered, soon the white stuff will be falling!
Now to get back to the reading of what I missed in the past week!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:27 PM

terrianm so sorry for your loss.I have been there,so I feel for you. And rawquilts sorry for your loss. I did hav a nice weekend.Went to a football game on Sat. Sunday we just had a nice day of rest and spending time together my hubby and I.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:30 PM

So sorry Terriamn, losing a beloved pet is so hard, I know personally how hard it is to have them cross that rainbow bridge. rwquilts, sorry to hear about your father in law, it's always hard to lose a parent.

Our weekend was pretty interesting, we went to a sausage festival not far from where we live and they also have a craft fair. Prices for the crafts were pretty high, each year one booth sells ChowChow, it's a mixture of onions and peppers, I buy the bottles of hot and mild. On Saturday, DH decided to plant 5 palm tree's in the front yard. I'm afraid it will look like a palm forest. I have visions of these things growing like mad and taking over the whole yard. On an icky note, in the 5 years we have owned this house I haven't seen a palmetto bug in my house...until today!!!!! EWE!!! (maybe it's the palm trees)

Jan

Last edited by Cheesehead; 10-27-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

It's the palm trees alright. my grandma had a lot of palms and my grandpa would fight them suckas off. get rid of the palms b4 they can get their hold on you.
Rhonda, so sorry about your FIL. I think mine is on his way out too. He has bad diabetes and has been in a nursing home for 6 months. they are kicking him out this week, my MIL has to pay out of pocket now for him to be there. time will tell.
Terriann, so sorry about Blue. My maine coone stepped on the rainbow bridge about 4 yrs ago. He was a riot. it takes awhile to get over it, so let yourself heal. So sorry.
Just talked with DH, today we've had my ZOEY 4 years, she's a Russian blue. she makes us very happy.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:11 AM

It was nice to read about everyone's weekend. Mine I guess was about normal. Since my mug rugs are finished, I'm back to quilting my t-shirt quilt. I just wish the weather was colder here cause this dag gone thing is heavy. Most weekends my DH works. So Saturday was just a normal day, nothing special. Sunday, after cooking dinner, and taking a break from quilting, I played Domino's with the neighbors, while hubby stayed home to watch the games on tv.
My condolences to Rawquilts and Terriann. It's never easy to go thru death of a loved one, but as I age I've learned to accept it more and realize life must go on.
I haven't thought about what to put in my SP's package yet. I'll wait till it gets closer to shipping. I have lots of left over charms, FQ's, etc.... Will probably get something that depicts my local heritage.