Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 02:18 PM

Elisabrat, my husband has the sweet tooth in our house, too. He recently bought the Halloween candy and said he was putting it away to hide it from himself. He also said he was hoping to remember where he hid it! I'm not worried, he won't forget candy for sure. Plus he buys Halloween candy he likes so he can have some and hope for left-overs. He is a sweet guy though, maybe that's why
Old 10-26-2014, 02:52 PM

I've got to get busy. I kind of know what direction I will take in making my MR.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:13 PM

Hope you are all busy thinking, sewing and picking little treats for your partner. if you would limit the cost of everything to 10.00 that would be helpful. I would rather not have sad people because one got a ton of stuff, the next a ton and they got a couple tiny things. Its the thought not the quantity also if you have it and want to share it slightly used or new that is ok and doesn't add to the cost of what you top out at. keep this in mind.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:00 PM

My partner likes brights & flowers.... Lol. Sounds just like me! Better check to be sure I'm not sending this yo myself! Lol.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:20 AM

Good morning and happy Monday! I checked in briefly last week, but have been sitting here reading the past 20 pages of posts this morning. I am hoping that my "about me" on my profile was of some help to whomever needed it, as I did not post my likes and dislikes here. I am pretty easy to please though, as I will appreciate anything that is made for me.

Some of your posts had me cracking up! I am grateful that we do not get trick or treaters where we live just for the simple fact that I don't have to worry about that candy laying around. Too much of a magnet for me and hubby. Fall is definitely in the air though. This morning, we woke up with frost on the ground, so I guess it won't be long for the cold temps to settle in now. Good fuzzy sock wearing weather!

I searched for a post from my secret partner, but have not seen anything as of yet, and her profile is a little vague, so it's been interesting coming up with an idea for the mug rug. I started one yesterday that I like, but I am worried it's not fancy enough, but the fabrics are lovely I think. I may have to doodle some more to see what else I can come up - who knows? Maybe my partner will get two! lol
Old 10-27-2014, 11:56 AM

Just ducky if your partner was vague go with what appeals to you. Its part of the don't post don't complain thing at all. ok truthfully don't complain. be thankful and gracious for the kindness a stranger has given to you. We were all given this as a truth when we were growing up and the same truth applies today. (weird but true!)

today I got a bee up my.. rear. I had five green apples. half a box of filo dough and made 5 apple turn overs, three cups made from the dough and baked. then apple and cinnamon and butter that I cookedin the micro was put in it and topped with a powder sugar glaze with butter and cinnamon and those were marvelous too. now I am baking the lst bit it has half the apples in a circular pattern on the bottom of a pie dish. (also coated in cinnamon butter sugar) and topped with cinnamon almond cake mix (had half of a box of that too) and used apple juice in it to ump up the flavor .. that is almost done. then I am finished cooking today. I hate wasting food. so I just get into a cook it now mode and well.. sigh I am pooped. going back in the kitchen however to finish a quilt for Jaba that I was working on. a round robin. then I will flop over and rest. I hope so anyways. I try to keep busy but usually one or two things and I am done in. did clean the microwave and stove top today. that stove is always so darned hot. literally you could get a burn if you touched parts of it. have done it twice its not fun. I was in a cook me mode on Friday too. made two dishes with thin pork chops one in the oven and one in a crock pot. both came out awesome. best part if well it made it three nights (tonight being the last night). nothing wasted and both completely different. then for like a week I wont want to cook anything. what is it with that?

upside to all this long talk: I get to start on my mug rugs this next week! yahoo! I have two partners and figure might have to make a couple extra so thankfully I will have the time to whip up a few. tada! one project at a time around here. I usually have five going at once. now I only have mug rugs and two quilt tops to finish. no rush on the quilt tops. one day at a time. one thing at a time. in theory

what did your weeknd old for you? tell us your funny, your exciting, your sit back and relax weekend. I did not receive one note to me about missing partners. if you send me the name you have not heard from I will find out from them whats going on. if not I will pair you up with another partner who is willing to take whatever you have made so no worries about that just lets find out whats going on with the ones to shy, lazy or whatever to respond. you have to play by the rules if your reading this. this means write to me or post once a week.

to all that do THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:13 PM

My weekend was great! Hubby came home with 2 treadle sewing machines with attachments and 1 had the paperwork the original owners filled out to pay on time from the bank in 1916! I am just so darned lucky to have such a good husband which I think even if he didn't buy me things! Got the list made to do some sewing tomorrow for Halloween costumes. Vampire cape and Cheshire cat tail, ears, and stripes to make!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM

I've had my 2 mug rugs ready to do the quilting part for a while now.. but I'm stumped as to how to quilt them!
I do a lot of applique (quit rolling your eyes Brat...) and I always seem to fret over the actual quilting part.

I think I've figured out I'm a "piecer/appliquer" way more than I am a "quilter-er"..

I took some pics of what I've done so far, will post them in a bit. Hope my sp doesn't "see" her likes enough to know it's her

Kif
Old 10-27-2014, 01:26 PM

I appliqued and embroidered on mug rugs and I learned sew much just focusing on 1 project and working diligently on that but I gotta tell ya the binding is tripping me up. I really though it would be the quilting part of it but NOPE, it was the binding. UGH!

So my DH and I went to a nature center outside of Cresent Iowa and watched how hawks,owls and falcons are trapped to be measured and tagged for migratory research. So interesting! Then we wandered down to a winery and bellied up for a wine tasting. mmmmWINEmmmm.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

My dh and I saw "St. Vincent'. excellent movie, not a funny laugh out loud type of movie.
some chuckles, but very heartwarming. We go to the movies every week and this is one of
the best we've seen. Just gotta get some goodies for my swap partner. She hasn't been on much,
very little so I don't know her likes. hard to stalk her. oh well, she'll get things I like.
have a great evening everyone.