Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

JuanitaBean, me too, Oh, I might as well just go for it.
As usual, I'm afraid I won't please my partner. I'm going for it.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Did I mention I love cats, have a grey one (Russian blue) and i love beachy things too.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:39 PM

I just sent my PM. This sounds fun and interesting! And I think mug rugs are just the cutest things!
Looking forward to this. I just went to try to update my profile. But for some reason I can't. Suggestions anyone???.
Laurel
Edit:figured out how to update it!

Last edited by oneteappot; 10-03-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

Laurel, tell us what you like.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Well, I too am a tea drinker, NOT COFFEE, and not free tea or herbal. Love cats, dogs, flowers, gardening,sewing, I do plastic canvas. I am a quilter wanna be! I try to quilt but will never be able to do the fancy free motion and fancy designs that some of you do. I am working on a Ford Mustang quilt for my hubby now, only been working on it for three years, LOL,just maybe I will get it finished this month. Getting ready to sandwich it. Wish me luck!
I am going to be a first time grandma in February! Can't wait! So baby quilts to make!!!!!!
I love mug rugs, they can be such a little work of art.And you can never have too many.
I also love to watch the birds in the winter, well, actually anytime, but they fascinate me in the winter. I always wonder how something so small can survive in the cold.
And I love this site for all the info and help that everyone gives.
Laurel
Edit:that was suppose to be green tea not free tea! LOL! Spell check can really change things sometimes!

Last edited by oneteappot; 10-03-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:17 PM

I like bright cheery colors like purple, hot pinks, turquoise, bright red, bright blues, green they make me smile when I look at them.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:52 AM

Suern3,
Welcome to QB swapping, I think you'll love it! Only issue I have is I find it highly addictive..

Lynnie,
Yay, you and I are finally in the same swap! Been meaning to ask you how your hexies are coming along?

Laurel,
Congrats on your forthcoming grandmahood!
At the rate our son was going (or not) I teased him that hubby and I were going to be our own grandparents!
My son wisecracked back he was going to ask potential dates if they had grandkids? Haha
He knew his dad and I were honestly happy if he was single or married, as long as he was happy, that's all that mattered.
He did find the "right" girl and married. Fast forward a few years and we now have a lil 5 yr old granddaughter and 10 month old grandson. And I will say grandparenthood is ALL it's cracked up to be and more!!

Let's see, I collect pigs (not live ones) and crosses. What a combo, eh??
The pigs were started for me years ago, and took on a life of their own.
I love most colors except wearing any orange or yellow makes me look like a character from the Walking Dead. However I like those colors in quilts. My favorite color is aqua..And any shade of green.

I am a long time hand quilter that is really liking machine quilting too.
I do Brazilian and regular embroidery, just finished a crazy quilt all hand embellished for my Mom. It was a 3 year undertaking that I'm happy it's finished! I crochet, can do a lil knitting. ONLY knitting, like scarves. Because when you toss in the purl part I forget, and I purl when I should knit, and I knit when I should purl. Wish I could do it properly, as I've seen some lovely hand knit sweaters, etc.

I hadn't done any quilting except the lil bit my Nanny taught me years ago. Five years ago after my kitty died, I pulled out the old quilt tops I had inherited, and started really getting into quilting. I must say it's been good therapy. I love QB, have "met" so many great people here.

Regards,
Kif
PS I was going to say living in the Texas panhandle, I collect dust on occasion, too...

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-04-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
What is the last day for signups?
I need to finish my mystery quilt first and get the Christmas stuff in the mail.
Oct 10 at noon.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:50 AM

Well ladies we are up to 36 people who have signed up already! what a great swap this will be. drool... thinking of all the mug rugs coming in and the photos that I will see. this is going to be great! remember don't sign up if you wont send. I get nervous about this and am very serious. I will leave horrible feed back for you if you do. Period. You wont be allowed to swap again in any other swap so its not a good thing at all. just saying I have no desire to make 20 mug rugs to make up for people who don't send. That isn't fair and I simply wont be very tolerant of this. ok enough warnings...

I love all the different color combos that people are hoping for. wow.. some want bright colors like Juanitabean and others want simplier calmer colors like beige and red.. and batiks got a couple of those and well the selection is going to be huge! SIX DAYS LEFT For sign ups! so quick as a cricket send me a PM so you can join the fun. I know some of you are new quilters but that's ok.. everyone started there promise you. this is a fun smaller project that really will allow you to experience what a quilt is on a very small scale. from the top to adding the batting and quilting it to sewing the binding on. A start to finish but in a very short time good for the ego. and for those who are experts here well its a serious time to show your talents off in a small scale. Go for it!!! Have fun! you will find that its a great outlit for your creative juices!
Old 10-04-2014, 05:00 AM

A little about me. I have an 18 yr old granddaughter and an 8 yr old grandson in Ohio who I will be seeing at Thanksgiving. The Florida weather is too hot for me to handle even though I've been here 13 years. I'm hoping to move back up north next year. All of my family is there. I love Christmas and collect Santas and Santa ornaments. I put up 2 trees at Christmas, one small one with just Santa ornaments. I guess I started collecting pincushions since I host the swap here. I've been sewing since my teens. I made art dolls for many years but started quilting a little over a year ago. I love it! I'm presently working on a lap quilt for my DGD that I hope to take with me at Thanksgiving. My favorite color is red but love all bright colors. I like mostly all fabric especially Laurel Burch. I don't like Kaffee Fassett or large flowery prints. I've made several mug rugs and mini quilts and enjoy doing them since they are on a much smaller scale. I will eventually graduate to larger quilts when I feel more comfortable quilting.