Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-04-2014, 05:38 AM

Chiming in here! I live in the great southwest (stinkin' desert), where the summer time temps climb to 110+ We like to joke that it's a "dry heat" just to mess with folks who don't live here. Yes it's HOT HOT HOT, and we tend to hibernate during the summer. I have a lovely little home in the suburbs of Phoenix, and many, many cats. 5 indoor babies and a colony outdoors that I take care of. I'm current (for the past year) working on making my one room into a sewing studio. A little bit at a time, all it takes is money! I have been quilting for 15+ years, and I do quilts on commission - mostly tshirt and memory quilts, although the pace of requests has slowed down to about 1 per year. Yes, quilts are EXPENSIVE to make and many people who inquire are shocked at the costs. I guess they expect Walmart prices for custom work. I collect cats (real and virtual), and I absolutely LOVE bright colors. I gravitate towards novelty prints and batiks. Yummy. I also like tea and coffee, but I can't have caffeine, and being diabetic, avoid sugar. And the worst thing? I'm allergic to chocolate! I make do with coconut and licorice on occasion. And speaking of coffee, it's time for my morning cuppa. I have a Keurig coffee maker, and let me tell you that it's the best for a quick fix in the morning. And because it's brewed by the cup, I waste a lot less than I used to with the drip coffee maker!
Old 10-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie, still working on the hexes. will be for the next 10 yrs, I think. my hands cramp easily now, so i can work only little bits at a time. It's taking up one of my couch cushions. Working on the Mystery train ride and the pincushion swap alsp..
Old 10-04-2014, 01:21 PM

Don't like Kaffe Fassett??!!
Just kidding, as I didn't even know who he was until very recently...lol
I always say if we liked same stuff how dull the world would be.
I used to dislike large flowery prints, and loathed paisley.. But last few months both are kinda growing on me. Guess its better than mold or moss...

Its hot hot hot where I am, too. And in winter we get blue northers and can have 20+ inches of snow in a 24 hr period...

Lynnie,
Sorry to hear about your hands. My lupus sometimes causes joint swelling, I think just please don't take my ability to quilt...

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-04-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie, I'm slowly working on it, at first it was a quick go at it. then my hands started to cramp. Now everytime I pick it up, i cramp in a few minutes. so it's a slow go. but i'm not giving up on it. It may take me a few years, (it better not!) but this is getting done. For MY bed, not ZOey's, she got the first one, this one is MINE!!
Old 10-04-2014, 05:40 PM

I wanna join. Sending PM now.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:57 PM

I have been cruising the internet looking at mug rug photos to get ideas and thinking about what fabric to use... But I'm holding off until I get my persons likes/dislikes. So difficult because I am dying to get started! Heheh I don't post a lot on the boards but I check in daily and will definitely fulfill my commitment.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Default Mug rug

I was just in a mug rug swap with friends, the gal I exchanged with wanted Halloween and loves bright colors. Here is the one I made her. She was thrilled.terriamn
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 01:22 AM

Count me in for the mug rug Holiday swap. I do like coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. I did pm you. Thanks for hosting.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:40 AM

Just signed up… Enjoy swaps..
I love cats (have 4), anything with blue in it. I've made a dresden plate mug rug & it turned out soooo cute...
Old 10-05-2014, 03:50 AM

Terriamn love the mug rug you made. I love Halloween too and I think it's perfect!