BOM 2011

Old 12-26-2010, 06:29 AM

Okay, I'm giving it another try. [quote=Momma_K]
Originally Posted by PiecesinMn :D
still didn't do it right. I want the smiley face (here) not at the end.
Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
having problems in how to put in a smiley face.
Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
This should be lots of fun. Count me in!!!
Originally Posted by SulaBug
: ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Thank you everyone for being so patient with us. Now, I want to announce that the Jan. 1st, 2011 BOM will be Houses & other building!! :thumbup: Some will be pieced, some will be appliqued & some will be a combination. The remaining information will be posted on Sunday. So keep your eyes out for it & hopefully everyone will be excited to get started!! :D

HAPPY HOLIDAY'S
Sulabug
:lol:
:D
:)
No matter where you want it it will always click at the end of your post. Just pick it up and drag it to the spot you want it at and drop, it's a drag and drop thing! Hope this helps!
:D
Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Just want to let everyone know that since we had so many people who wanted to do stars, Patrice has agreed that we can do two BOM's for 2011. As you know, Sulabug is hosting the regular BOM which starts on January 1, which will be houses. I will be hosting the second BOM,which will be stars, which will will start on January 15. I hope some of you who are doing the house BOM will also join us in doing the stars. I am looking forward to a year full of fun and learning.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:22 AM

oh how fun! I think I'm going to do both :P ;-) :P
Old 12-26-2010, 09:10 AM

I will consider doing both but no promises!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Judy....;-)OK let me get this straight, I've never done a BOM and so goes for several others. Now, we can do houses and or stars right? Ok, now if January 1st is Houses by Sula, doesn't it go for all month long? Or is it just for the first two weeks and then you start stars? I mean please don't get me wrong which I'm perfectly happy with both but I'm having a hard time understanding how it works. I think my biggest thing is this...all year is going to be houses for Sula and you're doing stars, and each month will be a different house and or stars depending on which we want to do. Good Lord I feel stupid! I'm sorta thinking thats what it may be, just different houses and stars for each month...please correct me if I'm wrong!! If so then I will be doing both and will be looking forward to it and sharing photos with the others here.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:23 AM

the BOM's are a yearly thing,

on the first of every month a new "house" pattern will be posted and anyone that wants to can make it and show their pics on the board

on the 15th of each month a new "star" pattern will be posted and once again you can make the ones you want and skip the ones you don't and post pics of the ones you make on the board

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Judy....;-)OK let me get this straight, I've never done a BOM and so goes for several others. Now, we can do houses and or stars right? Ok, now if January 1st is Houses by Sula, doesn't it go for all month long? Or is it just for the first two weeks and then you start stars? I mean please don't get me wrong which I'm perfectly happy with both but I'm having a hard time understanding how it works. I think my biggest thing is this...all year is going to be houses for Sula and you're doing stars, and each month will be a different house and or stars depending on which we want to do. Good Lord I feel stupid! I'm sorta thinking thats what it may be, just different houses and stars for each month...please correct me if I'm wrong!! If so then I will be doing both and will be looking forward to it and sharing photos with the others here.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:30 AM

With the blocks of the month, you can do whatever you want. There will be a house block posted on the first of each month and a star block posted on the 15th. This is not a swap and there are no time limits in which you have to get anything done. This/these is/are a project just for you. You can do one or both each month, whatever you want to do. Please don't feel stupid. Lots of time projects (particularly swaps) have time limits in which you need to get something done, but the block(s) of the month are not like that. You work at your own pace, you pick whatever fabrics you want and do whatever you want with the final blocks. For instance, I am going to do both BOM's and hopefully end up with two beautiful lap size quilts (12 blocks would end up being 36" x 48" without sashing or borders). I could also envision a larger quilt incorporating both the stars and houses. But it is up to you to decide what or how much you want to do. Usually there is only one block of the month, but we had a lot of interest in both houses and stars and decided to try it with two this year. I think both BOM's are going to be a lot of fun. I know doing the houses will be a stretch for me as I can foresee paperpiecing and working with templates (neither of which are my favorite things), but this is my year to stretch my boundaries. I know I will love doing the stars and I love all star blocks. I hope you join us.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
the BOM's are a yearly thing,

on the first of every month a new "house" pattern will be posted and anyone that wants to can make it and show their pics on the board

on the 15th of each month a new "star" pattern will be posted and once again you can make the ones you want and skip the ones you don't and post pics of the ones you make on the board

Yeah I knew it was Houses as the BOM for the year, but was stumped on the rest of the stuff! Thanks for helping me, I feel better now! HA!
PS. At first on this BOM thing I thought it was a different block entirely like, stars one month, houses the next, shoes one month fences the next! HA! See, one learns a lot from being a part of this huge family! Thanks again! :wink: :P
Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 AM

THANK You so much Judy!! This is certainly something to look forward to now. I knew it wasn't a swap and no time limit but the rest had my mind boggled! Like you said, this is a good start, a new year to expand our horizons as we learn and share! I really love it here!! :XD: (tear)
Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 AM

THANK You so much Judy!! This is certainly something to look forward to now. I knew it wasn't a swap and no time limit but the rest had my mind boggled! Like you said, this is a good start, a new year to expand our horizons as we learn and share! I really love it here!! :XD: (tear)