"Weigh In"

Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 PM

Lneal: You're doing the right thing-saving calories but sometimes eating at night is the problem. What time should we stop eating? I'm not sure-some say 6pm, some 9pm. You're right about boredom and this #$#@ snow. I was walking 1 and 1/2 miles a day until this; today it took me as long to just go 1 mile and my legs are killing me. (I also have a cold-the first one I've had in 8 yrs!!)
Back to eating at night: maybe try cutting off eating a little earlier so the calories don't hang around all night? Let me know how you do-and hang in there.
Karla: I'd kill for onion rings right now!! Glad you enjoyed them.
Thanks everyone for the continued encouragement!!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:25 PM

Thanks everyone, I will try these suggestions. I have the grapes and popcorn so I am without excuse. will let you know how it goes. Support we all need :thumbup:
Old 02-17-2010, 12:37 PM

I ate them with lots of ketchup--and that's a vegetable, right?

hee hee
Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM

ketchup has always been a vegetable in our house, as well as pickles. I used to tell my kids they had to eat pickles on their cheeseburgers so they would get their "green stuff" for the day. I finally started feeding them unlimited salsa, they had lots of veggies that way!

I have something really gross to show you, photos taken of my leg this morning. The doc gave me antibiotics and pain pills, the biggest concern is developing another blood clot due to the trauma of the injury. I'm still taking coumadin daily. BTW, I was ordered to sew 2 hrs every day for physical therapy! darn! The movement of the sewing machine pedal keeps the blood circulating.

I walked the length and breadth of the wmt again today, as well as the post office parking lot. Big improvement in my activity level, I just have to take it so slow. My weight was up 5 pounds from last month. My potassium level is too high and we are repeating that test.

All of you are doing so well! So what if you slip once or twice? Compare that to binging every day, and see the progress you've made. We didn't learn these bad habits overnight and change will take time.

Try drinking sugar free cocoa at night, it will satisfy yr sweet tooth, is great with popcorn, and very filling.
MJ

front of leg with infection from falling
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11354[/ATTACH]

back of leg/one week ago tdy was accident
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11355[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11354.jpe   attachment-11355.jpe  
Old 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM

purplemem--that is really....really... well... purple!! OUCH!!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:40 PM

You poor thing!!!Wish I lived close so we could walk together - even a short distance. I think that you are doing wonderful. One thing you are lucky about - part of your therapy is to sew. LOL Like he had to tell you to do that. Hang in there - things will get better.

Carole
Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM

Carole,
thank you for your kind sentiments. I'm really doing good, and very thankful to be alive. We all have something to struggle with, mine is apparently health issues.

Keep moving forward in a positive direction. Pick yourself up and start all over again. So what if it's the 51st time? The point is to just keep going...and enjoy the journey...this is OUR time, don't let the negative get in the way!

Go Girls!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I ate them with lots of ketchup--and that's a vegetable, right?

hee hee

Hey, here is a question. Is popcorn considered a real vegetable? I knew a teacher whose son would only eat that at suppertime and she called it a vegetable.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Purplemem, gosh, hope it heals well. You are doing so good with your walking. You are one determined lady. Keep it up, we are all pulling for you. Please try not to fall again.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM

I had a strange one today. We switched Drs the end of last year so made an appt with the new one just to get prescriptions rewritten. Went in and of course it was a blood pressure, weigh in, etc. She wouldn't let me take my shoes off to weigh so I thought the worst. But, their electronic scale registered 5 lbs less than my old dial scale. So now I don't know what I weigh. Think I should get a new scale?? I'd sure like to go with their numbers!