Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Your quilt is lovely, and something you should be very proud of. He is clueless or a clod.

Cheers, K
Old 02-27-2011, 07:40 PM

Sounds like a mean old fart that doesn't matter in your life one bit. Forget about him. Its not worth it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:41 PM

Lovely quilt.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Your quilt is beautiful! Maybe he had a wife that quilted, and she is gone, and he misses her...I'm sorry he made you feel that way, I do live the double feathering it's awesome!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
Several days ago I was waiting for my husband in a doctor's office, hand binding a quilt I had quilted on my quilting machine. This older man came in, sat down across the waiting room from me and kept watching what I was doing. After several minutes of looking at my quilt, he asked how long it had taken me to quilt it. This was a large full size which I had quilted double feathered wreaths on, so it took about 15 hours of quilting time. He grunted and made a comment about he bet the fabric was even new. Then he went into a loud and lenghty speach about how women these days don't know how to make a quilt. How they (quilts) should be made from scraps of clothing. Should never be made from new material. Should all be done by hand, etc. on and on. I really felt small. I finally folded my quilt and went to my car to wait on my husband.
That old Poop. Dont let em getcha down. Your quilt is flippin amazing. Some people dont understand, whether you are hand quilting or machine quilting....both are still an art. Your Amazing.....{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 PM

What a rotten encounter with the Quilt Police. This man was clueless about quilting. He knows nothing about it the quilting process.
I love your quilt, it is absolutely beautiful. Don't let this grumpy old man spoil your passion of quilting.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:54 PM

((((((HUGS)))))) Dont let one crabby old man ruin your day honey! Your quilt is beautiful, and dont you let anyone ever tell you otherwise!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM

Well, I would have asked him when was the last time he made a quilt. People that don't know what really goes into making one such as beautiful as yours don't know what they are talking about. You should not have felt the need to get up and leave. Always be proud of your work.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

How outrageously rude! I would have stayed put and made an acid reply...Your quilt is really beautiful, lovely colours and design. Never, ever let someone get away with that behaviour again....no matter what their age. Happy quilting!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:59 PM

((((HUG))))) Some people should just kep their mouth's shut. Maybe since he was elderly he is suffering from dementia which can cause people to not act themselves.

But I personally think the quilt is beautiful!

Kyia